• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2 blown turbos

Started by fitnesstrainermd, March 25, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on March 27, 2016, 12:14:08 AM
Quote from: Sabtaj1 on March 27, 2016, 12:10:03 AM
I agree with Bigmac.  you could also switch the front blow off valve to the rear and the rear to the front and leave the front one unhooked.  But you have to have the rear plugged in.  Just a shot in the dark....
Sabtaj thats where the Tials/Hotpipes Prevail.  Z   ;)

True!  Or the hotpipes with OEM bovs... Still there's a lot to consider... But the hotpipes were developed, ...Mike got tired of chasing a boost leak.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

fitnesstrainermd

I think I may have found an/the issue.  So I check my front bov and it works like it should.  Removed the rear bov and here is what I found.  The question is, could this prevent my turbos from working?  Also, its obvious that I need a new one, can this be found at any parts store?
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

Sabtaj1

JACKPOT!!!!    That's your culprit right there.  Man.  I can't believe it took a dump like that. Wow!!!!   Better find ya another ASAP.  For the meantime of its your everyday car you can put the good one in the rear and plug it in. Make some sort of block plate for the front one as it does not need to be plugged in. And cap off the recirculating tube on the front.  That's crazy

Sorry to say but your gonna have to go to the dealer for that I'm sure. Way way cheaper than two turbos.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

fitnesstrainermd

I will switch the front one to the back.  Should I then do the bov VTA mod for the front?  Do I need to keep the front one plugged or unplugged?
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

Sabtaj1

You should just plug up the front one.  The rear you can either hook the tube back up or cap it off on the actual pipe.  You will have to make some sort of make shift piece to seal up the front port where the BOV was for now.  And that will get you by until your able to get anothe BOV. If you plan to do the VTA then do the rear now and then all you have to do is instal new BOV on the front n plug er in. And done
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Sabtaj1

Msrp is $110 and Tasca parts has it for $76

Part #: AA5Z-9U465-A
13 Eco flex.

SHOdded

Should be able to get one from any ford dealer.  They may even match online pricing from Levittown Ford or Tasca or Autonation :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Super job! Glad you figured it out.  Good suggestion above for sure.  Great pics also. It does look like your engine might have injested A small amount of plastic from the bov in your pics... Not sure... Should be OK though.

If you go VTA be sure to seal the port where the broken bov was.... And plug the recirc tube or remove the tube and cap the nipple on the charge pipes (hotpipes) otherwise you'll have a boost leak again and the car will act the same. High temp silicon caps have worked for over two years for me. Pics are in the hotpipe install post I did. It's here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2248.msg32460.html#msg32460

Might want to take a look before the forum is transferred to a new host this is evening just in case.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

ecoboostsho

Glad you found it...that would definitely do it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

r1crusher

That's an amazing find.  Props to the guys posting previously that alluded to the BOV being the culprit.

Fitness just saved himself a LOT of money which should immediately be used to buy a tuner and 3 bar so he can really enjoy the car.  :D
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

Quote from: r1crusher on March 27, 2016, 11:19:19 AM
That's an amazing find.  Props to the guys posting previously that alluded to the BOV being the culprit.

Fitness just saved himself a LOT of money which should immediately be used to buy a tuner and 3 bar so he can really enjoy the car.  :D
X2!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on March 27, 2016, 11:25:03 AM
Quote from: r1crusher on March 27, 2016, 11:19:19 AM

X2!
X3! Get tuned!

fitnesstrainermd

First  I would like to say thank you to all of you for your help in troubleshooting the issues.  Its a shame you guys are more knowledgable then the ford service personnel I interacted with. 

I changed the good front bov to the back and connected it all as it was on the rear.  I placed the broken bov on the front since I did not know how to plug the whole without it on.  I capped the nipple where the recirc tube was as well as capped the other end on the canister where the recirc tube was connected to.  I am still having the same (no turbo) issues so I unplugged the battery and will reconnect after 30 min.  Unfortunately, all the ford dealers are closed on Sunday  so I cant find another bov until tomorrow.  I really appreciate all the help and will keep you guys informed. 

Also, couldn't find the bov on fords website.  AA5Z-9U465-A 

66 Galaxie

Great job getting your hands dirty, checking things for yourself and avoiding the dealership service trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

Sabtaj1

Oops.   Better idea.   Make sure that suckers empty with no loose parts what's so ever. (Broken one).  Then be sure to cap the plug in side too (where the electrical plug. Goes into it.  Since that's leaking as well.  So you want both spots on that busted sob plugged up on it
13 Eco flex.