• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2 blown turbos

Started by fitnesstrainermd, March 25, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabtaj1

13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

fitnesstrainermd

Gentlemen, and those not that gentle,

I HAVE BOOST!!! 

It appears that the rear BOV was causing the issues.  It was complete destroyed (per the pics).  I picked up the BOV on Monday evening and installed it.  Didn't know how to do a forced re-learn for computer.  Last night on the way home, car felt extra powerful like I haven't felt in a while.  Thought it was do to the cool weather.  This morning got in car and again noticed increased pep in her step and wondered if I was back on track.  Pulled over at gas station and connected my SCTX4 to watch the boost level.  Drove from stop to next light and looked at boost level and it had reached +8. (prior to fixed BOV, it was reading from -11.00-0.00) and never got on the positive.  So I checked again and accelerated hard and the boost went up to 10.  I think I am back.

Now, I know how to load my custom tune but do I install 3-bar map prior to installing tune or tune first?
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

Scott4957

Good news! Yes you will want to install the 3bar and then the tune right away, don't drive or even start the car with the 3bar installed without the new tune.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

fitnesstrainermd

By the way.  I would sincerely like to thank you guys for all the help and guidance.  U guys really are a critical part of this forum because you provide noobs like me with answers the damn mechanics at the stealerships don't or wont.  I've learned more about my car from you guys in 1 week than in my entire 6 months of having it.  So, just want to say I am truly grateful for all the input from you all. 

Now, I think I can get away with telling the wife I need a new CAI and that what the problem was since we both thought I needed 2 new turbos (per the 1st dealership).  I know not to expect anything from them except some smile from the sound. 
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

ZSHO

Thats certainly music to my ears and glad everything worked out in your favor.  Z :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sabtaj1

Awesome!!!!!   Glad it all worked out. 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

66 Galaxie

'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

markssho

Fitnesstrainermd - Glad you found it!
Now you need to tune it!

FWIW, if you ever need, I recommend seeing Alan at Koons in Sterling. He is a service writer. He used to own a 2010 SHO, then an Explorer Sport, so he is well versed on this platform. Also the sales mgr at the same dealer location has a SHO.

Mark

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

J-Will

What dealership BTW.  I live in Woodbridge and go to Cowles.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOw-Me State

Quote from: SHOdded on March 29, 2016, 03:18:58 AM
Pics of the damaged BOV in this post:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5936.msg93499.html#msg93499
Thanks SHOdded.  However, the link just takes me to page 4 of the thread.  Still don't see any pictures of the damaged BOV (just pics of the oiled wire connector and also some pics regarding the dust cap on the throttle body piece/servo in the thread).

No worries.....was just curious.   8)
2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

SHOdded

The thread just might have taken time to load, seen this especially on mobile devices when pics are involved.  So it gets stuck at the first post with lots of pics, then scrolls down, repeats, until it gets to the post that was actually linked.

Anyway, look for reply #46 in this thread.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

fitnesstrainermd

here are the pics of the blown bov

SHOw-Me State

Thanks guys!  Curiosity got the best of me to see the pics.  Guessing the orange seal is some sort of rubber/Viton or something.

Guess the BOV might be something to periodically remove and check the seal?  Or, do you think removing/re-installing often would exasperate the problem?

Regardless, great find and thanks for sharing!
2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOw-Me State on April 01, 2016, 06:18:39 PM
Thanks guys!  Curiosity got the best of me to see the pics.  Guessing the orange seal is some sort of rubber/Viton or something.

Guess the BOV might be something to periodically remove and check the seal?  Or, do you think removing/re-installing often would exasperate the problem?

Regardless, great find and thanks for sharing!
I wouldn't remove it... Unaware of any PM to do. IMHO very low chance of damage, but why do it... If it breaks you'll know, just like the OP.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock