• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bad BOV

Started by TASK_FORCE187, June 16, 2018, 06:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: TopherSho on July 09, 2018, 09:19:04 AM
Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 09, 2018, 09:10:56 AM
Quote from: TopherSho on July 09, 2018, 09:01:46 AM
Yeah they did the work and they should warranty it.  What was the cause of failure the 1st time?
My engine blew up. I had oil and medal parts in the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Z will have to correct me,  but i am willing to bet $$ they did not investigate or replace the radiator on the rebuild.   i do believe the radiator is a dual purpose unit and if it was shot the 1st time it may have took out the 1st block,  and then the second. 

Putting the tin hat on.. the GM is now faced with taking in a 'trade' he can then right off to auction and cover his ass... or explain a nearly 13k$ deficit to his regional manager. 

Call the big bosses.
Radiator? That's funny you mentioned that. Coolant is mixing in with oil. Not good I think they f...up

TopherSho

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 09, 2018, 09:23:15 AM
Yeah they did the work and they should warranty it.  What was the cause of failure the 1st time?

Z will have to correct me,  but i am willing to bet $$ they did not investigate or replace the radiator on the rebuild.   I do believe the radiator is a dual purpose unit and if it was shot the 1st time it may have took out the 1st block,  and then the second. 

Putting the tin hat on.. the GM is now faced with taking in a 'trade' he can then right off to auction and cover his ass... or explain a nearly 13k$ deficit to his regional manager. 

Call the big bosses.
Radiator? That's funny you mentioned that. Coolant is mixing in with oil. Not good I think they f...up

When you mentioned the overheating due to mixed fluids it make me think of two things.  They mixed coolant types (red and green = goop), or (Z correct me) there is damage to the internals of the radiator and they missed it in the rebuild.

It *SHOULD* be listed in your parts manifest from the 1st rebuild.. see if they swapped radiators.   
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TopherSho

This by the way does nothing to explain the rapid 'overboosting' .. that i do not think is really over-boosting.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: TopherSho on July 09, 2018, 09:26:45 AM
Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 09, 2018, 09:23:15 AM

Z will have to correct me,  but i am willing to bet $$ they did not investigate or replace the radiator on the rebuild.   I do believe the radiator is a dual purpose unit and if it was shot the 1st time it may have took out the 1st block,  and then the second. 

Call the big bosses.

When you mentioned the overheating due to mixed fluids it make me think of two things.  They mixed coolant types (red and green = goop), or (Z correct me) there is damage to the internals of the radiator and they missed it in the rebuild.

It *SHOULD* be listed in your parts manifest from the 1st rebuild.. see if they swapped radiators.
Once I get off I will take a picture of the invoices

ZSHO

It seems that the Saga is growing as the days progress!!! Dunno!
I wish this was introduced on page one IMO!
The mixture of oil and coolant is certainly not a good sign and rather severe internal are to blame.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2018, 10:44:28 AM
I wish this was introduced on page one....It seems that the Saga is growing as the days progress!!! Dunno!
The mixture of oil and coolant is indeed not a good sign!  Z
They didn't know. It was brought to my attention after. I'm lost on what to do at this moment. Uber and renting a car is getting expensive for me. I'm paying for a car that's just sitting and not being worked on. I just seen it parked in the lot. What would you do differently?

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 09, 2018, 10:58:52 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2018, 10:44:28 AM
I wish this was introduced on page one....It seems that the Saga is growing as the days progress!!! Dunno!
The mixture of oil and coolant is indeed not a good sign!  Z
They didn't know. It was brought to my attention after. I'm lost on what to do at this moment. Uber and renting a car is getting expensive for me. I'm paying for a car that's just sitting and not being worked on. I just seen it parked in the lot. What would you do differently?

I really do like my car and want to keep it but I dont trust them anymore.

ZSHO

I would make some phone calls to Ford corporate or Regional manager ASAP IMHO! I think your wasting much lost time! I hope i did not come off snarky!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2018, 11:06:57 AM
I would make some phone calls to Ford corporate or Regional manager ASAP IMHO! I think your wasting much lost time.  Z
You are right bro. I'm doing that today

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 09, 2018, 11:08:48 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2018, 11:06:57 AM
I would make some phone calls to Ford corporate or Regional manager ASAP IMHO! I think your wasting much lost time.  Z
You are right bro. I'm doing that today

Have all the needed documents and receipts on hand along with a Fax!! unfortunately @ this point things are not going to resolve itself,rather you will be left Hanging like a bunch of clothes to dry if you don't act quickly!!! Best of luck.  Z

TASK_FORCE187

I contacted corporate and got a case # I have to contact this guy at the dealership with my case # what happens now?

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 09, 2018, 11:37:07 AM
I contacted corporate and got a case # I have to contact this guy at the dealership with my case # what happens now?

I have never contacted them personally but my issues were handled accordingly with the Service manager.....
FWIW @ least you got the ball rolling with the case number....

There is also an online Chat where you can ask questions on how long the process will take.  Z

One may file a complaint with the Ford Motor Company by calling 1-800-392-3673 anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, or between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Eastern on Saturday.

Customers who want to file a complaint in writing may write the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126. They may also send an email through the Ford Motor Company's contact page via the Internet. Online support is also available through the live chat option on the Ford website. Twitter service support at @FordService may be reached Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. Eastern.

The majority of customer complaints filed on Ford Motor Company with the Better Business Bureau were resolved. The BBB found that in most of the cases that were not resolved, Ford Motor Company made an effort to resolve the complaint.

Ford has been accredited with the BBB since Oct. 1, 1927, and maintains an A+ rating with the bureau. This rating is based on the company's response to and resolution of customer complaints and the number of complaints relative to the size of the company.

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2018, 04:58:09 PM
Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 09, 2018, 11:37:07 AM

I have never contacted them personally but my issues were handled accordingly with the Service manager.....
FWIW @ least you got the ball rolling with the case number....

There is also an online Chat where you can ask questions on how long the process will take.  Z

One may file a complaint with the Ford Motor Company by calling 1-800-392-3673 anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, or between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Eastern on Saturday.

Customers who want to file a complaint in writing may write the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126. They may also send an email through the Ford Motor Company's contact page via the Internet. Online support is also available through the live chat option on the Ford website. Twitter service support at @FordService may be reached Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. Eastern.

The majority of customer complaints filed on Ford Motor Company with the Better Business Bureau were resolved. The BBB found that in most of the cases that were not resolved, Ford Motor Company made an effort to resolve the complaint.

Ford has been accredited with the BBB since Oct. 1, 1927, and maintains an A+ rating with the bureau. This rating is based on the company's response to and resolution of customer complaints and the number of complaints relative to the size of the company.
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out brother.

ZSHO

I certainly feel for you Brother and truly hope your issue is addressed accordingly!
There were a couple of incidences in the past where the age factor came to play in similar cases IIRC! But by no means stating this is the case here......Fingers crossed for ya.  Z

AJP turbo

Keep us updated...I'm anxious to know what is wrong with it...I can only think of about 4 things that can cause overboosting...and 1 thing is really unlikely
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress