• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bad BOV

Started by TASK_FORCE187, June 16, 2018, 06:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on July 03, 2018, 02:51:32 PM
Make sure you check thay brake booster line that Z noticed when you get the car back. You dont want that fugger coming off, trust me, almost no brakes sucks pretty bad.
I will. Ford still has my car. I called today and I was told that they can't figure out why my car is over boosting. It's been 3 weeks already

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 03, 2018, 02:54:38 PM
Make sure you check thay brake booster line that Z noticed when you get the car back. You dont want that fugger coming off, trust me, almost no brakes sucks pretty bad.
I will. Ford still has my car. I called today and I was told that they can't figure out why my car is over boosting. It's been 3 weeks already 

Thats a little redic its been that long. I wish i could throw right off of my head what would cause an overboost condition besides the BOV's not working. Theres no way they havent figured that out yet, but, some techs arent all that great.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on July 03, 2018, 03:13:25 PM
Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on July 03, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

Thats a little redic its been that long. I wish i could throw right off of my head what would cause an overboost condition besides the BOV's not working. Theres no way they havent figured that out yet, but, some techs arent all that great.
That's what I was saying. He said he had 3 technicians look at it and can figure it out. When I called him he said that they are sick of my car. Hahaha I was thinking to my self "what if I lucked up and left the 3 bar in"??????? Can that be?

DstryEvrytng

The 3 bar map question is above my pay grade. Lol
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on July 03, 2018, 03:37:46 PM
The 3 bar map question is above my pay grade. Lol
I think it would be very noticeable right? Let see if anyone here would know

ZSHO

The check engine light (wrench) light would of lit up causing the vehicle to be in limp mode and the vehicle would be barely driveable!

What exact codes did dealer find!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

I am not sure. Anitionaly I had took it in for the car overheating. They had found that the car was over boosting. So I dont know

ZSHO

If there was an over boost condition you would see Code PO234 or PO045! 
The vehicle over heating unfortunately is not a good sign IMO!  Z

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0045

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0234

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on July 03, 2018, 05:26:21 PM
If there was an over boost condition you would see Code PO234 or PO045!  Z

Depends on how long it's over boosting ..timers have to be exceeded for the codes to be set

OP I forget but is your car stock or tuned when you took it to the dealer?

Sadly I'd be willing to bed that your car has been sitting a lot at the dealer...not that many things can cause over boosting...boost solenoids, wastegates and actuators

With all the limiters and throttle control on the stock tune I'm surprised that it can actually overboost and not throw a complete fit at you....how do you know it's overboosting?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 03, 2018, 05:40:23 PM

Depends on how long it's over boosting ..timers have to be exceeded for the codes to be set

Sadly I'd be willing to bed that your car has been sitting a lot at the dealer...not that many things can cause over boosting...boost solenoids, wastegates and actuators

With all the limiters and throttle control on the stock tune I'm surprised that it can actually overboost and not throw a complete fit at you....how do you know it's overboosting?
True indeed! I would be a bit concerned as his car was over heating during a prior visit!  Dunno! Z

TASK_FORCE187

When I would step on the gas it got worse as time went on. I never got the code do to mySCT not working. All they told me is that it's over boosting and they cant fine out why. If that light comes back on I'm pretty much calling it done. Lemon time! I really like the car but its becoming a problem at this point.

TopherSho

I am not so sure they 'know' it is over boosting .. i *SHOWED ON A LAPTOP* the boost curve and the s-pattern when it would dump boost when my gate/turbo was bad and see it rebuilt boost it back to 20+psi and they looked like they had no idea what i was talking about.  When i said it was the boost pressure in Kpa they didn't have an idea... this was the 'engine guy' ...

My concern is the overheating .. a drop in long block shouldn't over heat,  it sounds like the didn't bleed it properly or burp it.  or worse they MIXED coolants and now you have jelly in the block.

As to the overboosting,  skip the code.  Get a handheld from somewhere that can log a 0-70mph run.  What i expect is its dumping for another reason.  but thats my crazy tin-hat..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TASK_FORCE187

My car stock

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: TopherSho on July 03, 2018, 08:24:11 PM

I am not so sure they 'know' it is over boosting .. i *SHOWED ON A LAPTOP* the boost curve and the s-pattern when it would dump boost when my gate/turbo was bad and see it rebuilt boost it back to 20+psi and they looked like they had no idea what i was talking about.  When i said it was the boost pressure in Kpa they didn't have an idea... this was the 'engine guy' ...

My concern is the overheating .. a drop in long block shouldn't over heat,  it sounds like the didn't bleed it properly or burp it.  or worse they MIXED coolants and now you have jelly in the block.

As to the overboosting,  skip the code.  Get a handheld from somewhere that can log a 0-70mph run.  What i expect is its dumping for another reason.  but thats my crazy tin-hat..
I will just wait and see what they tell. I will update you guys as I get more information. Thanks again everyone for the input.

TASK_FORCE187

UPDATE ON THE TAURUS: I called the dealership last night and was told that they found more problems with the new engine. Apparently fluid from the radiator and the transmission or engine are being mixed together. Not good. He also mentioned that the mechanics dont want to work on my car anymore. Hahahaha I think it time to contact my attorney.