• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bad BOV

Started by TASK_FORCE187, June 16, 2018, 06:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TASK_FORCE187

Can some please tell me why my car is doing this??????

https://youtu.be/MdbezMY9_N4

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

The Diaphram inside the BOV sounds ruptured !
Try to Disconnect the FRONT BOV HARNESS CONNECTOR & see if you still hear the sound!!!!

Did you ever get a chance to check for codes!   Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 16, 2018, 07:02:25 AM
Try to Disconnect the FRONT BOV HARNESS CONNECTOR & see if you still hear the sound!!!!

It doesn't have any codes. I just got my car back with a new engine. How would I tell them that my BOV sound weird with out them  knowing I disconnect them?

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 16, 2018, 07:00:09 PM

It doesn't have any codes. I just got my car back with a new engine. How would I tell them that my BOV sound weird with out them  knowing I disconnect them?

Bit of Trial & Error is sometimes called for! If you can simply unplug the BOV Harness connector to see if that flutter sound you hear goes away while driving!!!
If so just purchase a new BOV from the link provided above.....Its a mere amount to pay,especially if it avoids a dealer visit! Keep us updated & Simply trying to help ya out.  Z  :)

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 16, 2018, 07:56:52 PM

Bit of Trial & Error is sometimes called for! If you can simply unplug the BOV Harness connector to see if that flutter sound you hear goes away while driving!!!
If so just purchase a new BOV from the link provided above.....Its a mere amount to pay,especially if it avoids a dealer visit! Keep us updated & Simply trying to help ya out.  Z  :)
I really appreciate the help.

ZSHO

I Guess you can also remove the Front & REAR BOV since they are the same identical part and inspect the Diaphram on each part for any notable difference.   Z

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 16, 2018, 09:07:01 PM
I Guess you can also remove the Front & REAR BOV since they are the same identical part and inspect the Diaphram on each part for any notable difference.   Z
I will. I will also take pictures to see if you see anything

glock-coma

It's hard to believe you don't have any codes when ur check engine light is ON in that video.

It sounds like it's building boost and can't hold it. I would check all clamps on the pressure side of the turbos.
Also check the hoses on top of the manifold to make sure they reconnected them.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: glock-coma on June 16, 2018, 10:36:42 PM

It's hard to believe you don't have any codes when ur check engine light is ON in that video.

It sounds like it's building boost and can't hold it. I would check all clamps on the pressure side of the turbos.
Also check the hoses on top of the manifold to make sure they reconnected them.
Very true. I checked with Autozone and the code was for the thermostat or it needed water. I called ford and told me that it was covered do to the engine being new.

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 16, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

Due post some PICS'!  I would love to take a gander @ the engine bay.  Z

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 07:52:11 AM

Here are some pictures

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 10:38:56 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 07:52:11 AM

Here are some pictures

One more

ZSHO

The brake booster vacuum line by the firewall looks to be loose!
The IAT Sensor grommet coming from the MDesign intake seems unsecured IMO!
Did you try driving without the FRONT BOV Connected!  Z

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 11:43:21 AM
The brake booster vacuum line by the firewall looks to be loose!
The IAT Sensor grommet coming from the MDesign intake seems unsecured IMO!
Did you try driving without the FRONT BOV Connected!  Z
Can you point them out for me????