• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Crossing fingers. Car in the shop for parts swapping..

Started by TopherSho, November 13, 2017, 12:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

I think he is overboosting about 2-4 psi as it nears redline which is a lot considering boost generally drops slightly below commanded at redline

I think there is a mechanical problem and then the ecu is trying to control torque via other means but because it's a mechanical problem it can't and the car starts running bad

If that flapper (wastegate) in the turbo is not opening to slow down the turbine it will overboost and it will be hard for the ecu to control the boost if that push rod is not opening that flapper and the exhaust can't bypass the turbine wheel

His wastegate duty is not rising nor is the boost target going up stock or tuned so that's why I think mechanical...and there really aren't many parts to the turbo boost control and he has changed the solenoid already...canister, push rod and flapper
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

TopherSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 10, 2018, 09:34:38 AM
I think he is overboosting about 2-4 psi as it nears redline which is a lot considering boost generally drops slightly below commanded at redline

I think there is a mechanical problem and then the ecu is trying to control torque via other means but because it's a mechanical problem it can't and the car starts running bad

If that flapper (wastegate) in the turbo is not opening to slow down the turbine it will overboost and it will be hard for the ecu to control the boost if that push rod is not opening that flapper and the exhaust can't bypass the turbine wheel

His wastegate duty is not rising nor is the boost target going up stock or tuned so that's why I think mechanical...and there really aren't many parts to the turbo boost control and he has changed the solenoid already...canister, push rod and flapper

yeah that is my line of thought .. i know its mechanical and that limits wheres there to do.  :(

sigh. oh well it should run awesome with all the new bits.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on January 10, 2018, 01:42:41 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on January 10, 2018, 09:34:38 AM

yeah that is my line of thought .. i know its mechanical and that limits wheres there to do.  :(

sigh. oh well it should run awesome with all the new bits.
Well, that explains the lack of over boost codes. apparently those aren't set unless the difference in commanded is 4+ PSI.

TopherSho

good to know thank you sir.. that explains a ton actually... 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on January 10, 2018, 03:49:16 PM
I just wonder how much troubleshooting your dealership actually did....sigh.

Cause I know you asked bunches of questions, lol.

I really hope the new snails fix your issue.

TopherSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 10, 2018, 04:02:16 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on January 10, 2018, 03:49:16 PM
I just wonder how much troubleshooting your dealership actually did....sigh.

Cause I know you asked bunches of questions, lol.

I really hope the new snails fix your issue.

I knew right away i was in trouble when I said 'spark table' the *shop manager* look bewildered.  he was maybe 30..

TopherSho

Well no dice.  Ford can't figure out the ignition issue. They *think* it is related to the remote start. 

Question to the Gurus - how can i tell 'what' remote start i have? 

i have a FOB with the markings:
goh-pcmini
IC 3671a10247510

That any good for identifying the unit .. the dealership claims it is not 'theirs' .. it looks like this .. http://www.remotesunlimited.com/specify.php?search=1&type=fcc&search_fcc=GOH-PCMINI

the unit on the top left is what i have. is it generic??

AJP turbo

Jeezus Topher ....when did it start having this ignition problem also?...is it possible the meh install messed up something electrically? Like fried something or a wiring issue..maybe you do have a bad pcm? Just crazy how there can be this many problems at once
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on January 16, 2018, 08:54:08 PM
Well no dice.  Ford can't figure out the ignition issue. They *think* it is related to the remote start. 

Question to the Gurus - how can i tell 'what' remote start i have? 

i have a FOB with the markings:
goh-pcmini
IC 3671a10247510

That any good for identifying the unit .. the dealership claims it is not 'theirs' .. it looks like this .. http://www.remotesunlimited.com/specify.php?search=1&type=fcc&search_fcc=GOH-PCMINI

the unit on the top left is what i have. is it generic??
Type in your Vin number! hope it works!  Z  https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Keycode/KeycodeLookup

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 16, 2018, 09:04:15 PM
Jeezus Topher ....when did it start having this ignition problem also?...is it possible the meh install messed up something electrically? Like fried something or a wiring issue..maybe you do have a bad pcm? Just crazy how there can be this many problems at once

F&&ked if i know.  im over it.  ' ' close to selling it.

SHOdded

Dealer installed remote start ... uh oh.  Seems like finding a shop competent with electrical diagnostics would be the next step, given the ignition issue.  Could be as simple as a poor ground.  As far as PCM, water/dirt intrusion into the connectors has been an issue sometimes.  So pull the (3?) connectors off at the PCM, check/clean/grease/reconnect.  See if that makes a difference.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Here's my fob.

FYI the wiring on my "dealer installed" Ford remote start is a complete $h!tSHO.

polskifacet

AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

Under the cowl panel grille, I believe.  Follow the PCM connectors to exact location.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

THE PCM MODULE AT CENTER OF FIREWALL UNDER THE HOOD! UNDER COWL COVER!. IIRC.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|