• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Crossing fingers. Car in the shop for parts swapping..

Started by TopherSho, November 13, 2017, 12:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Took the car in this morning.  I am going to have them replace the Wastegates, the wastegate controller cable thingy, and the solenoid to fix the over boosting\uncontrolled boosting Brad saw.

Also doing both the primary O2 sensors  ..

/crossed fingers/ xx
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ZSHO

I would say the wide-Band 02 sensor is a common fault especially being a My2010!!.
It probably needs changing without compromise IMO.
Best of luck and keep us updated.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on November 13, 2017, 12:41:08 PM
I would say the wide-Band 02 sensor is a common fault especially being a My2010!!.

Wideband = Primary O2 ? or did i miss a part to add ?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

ZSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on November 13, 2017, 12:48:22 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 13, 2017, 12:41:08 PM

Wideband = Primary O2 ? or did i miss a part to add ?
Primary 02 sensors = wide-band!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

SHOdded

The primary o2s in obdii systems are precat and used for the actual work the engine does.  The secondary or postcat sensors are minions of the EPA lol, monitoring efficiency of the cats.  So the secondaries need not be wideband, do not sample as often, and are usually cheaper than the primaries.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Update#1
as expected, Ford has no clue.  Were replacing the O2's today and the full boost-solenoid + boost control connectors + all the hoses attached next week.

as expected the wastegates are non-replaceable according to ford and are 750$ each. 

So we ill replace the O2 and the boost control bits and cross more fingers.   trying to be positive but have a sinking feeling i'm still in for more work and another 1600$

TopherSho

Squid has been ordered.   (Boost solenoid + all hoses + both electronic wastegate controller cables.)  for is taking forever to get my s*** ... sigh

tbc ..

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 22, 2017, 10:13:42 AM
Squid, ha!  Reminds me of the Matrix.
Manu it reminded more of the movie Octopussy .Lmao. Z   :D

jbeez

Quote from: TopherSho on November 22, 2017, 09:39:56 AM
Squid has been ordered.   (Boost solenoid + all hoses + both electronic wastegate controller cables.)  for is taking forever to get my s*** ... sigh

tbc ..
I just got my car sorted since turbo first failed in april. Ford can take forever. Is this all out of pocket? I'd consider different wastegates if you end up replacing them. That price sounds pretty high, is it parts only cost?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

TopherSho

Yeah out of pocket.  because there are no codes.. the Route66 insurance folks wont cover costs.    As to the wastegates, ford does not replace them,  only the full turbo. 

To be honest i was not shocked by the waste-gate being a full turbo replacement. keeping two bins full of parts is more costly than one bin full of more expensive parts.  and on average i bet these tiny little turbos eat themselves way more often than just blowing out a wastegate.

since it will be out of pocket for the turbos if it comes down to that,  I will see about having a speed shop do it and drop in ATPS.. no sense in going better and bigger for about 200$ more. 

TopherSho

Quote from: TopherSho on November 22, 2017, 12:55:54 PM
Yeah out of pocket.  because there are no codes.. the Route66 insurance folks wont cover costs.    As to the wastegates, ford does not replace them,  only the full turbo. 

To be honest i was not shocked by the waste-gate being a full turbo replacement. keeping two bins full of parts is more costly than one bin full of more expensive parts.  and on average i bet these tiny little turbos eat themselves way more often than just blowing out a wastegate.

since it will be out of pocket for the turbos if it comes down to that,  I will see about having a speed shop do it and drop in ATPS.. no sense in going better and bigger for about 200$ more.

Well.. not the boost solenoid.. replaced it + hoses + electronic wastgate cables. 

No joy

TopherSho

the ford shop manager has agreed to do a IDs mobile log.  So he/they can see the behavior first hand on their own system.. its going to be wastegates .. but i'd like to hear them say that before i tell the wife  i need 1600$

SHOdded

As long as it gets figured out.  Like an itch you can't scratch ...