• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Tune, Transmission Slips & Traction Control

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 07, 2015, 09:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

So I have a concerning issue since I got the LMS 93 Octane tune. Ever since I got the tune, I've been noticing at WOT that the shift from first to second is REALLY hard. I was told that it will "soften up", but it also really concerns but driving into work, I punched it to get up to speed and I felt the transmission slip from 1st to 2nd gear. I'm starting to grow concerned that this tune is DESTROYING my transmission.

I did have Traction Control on, so it could be the torque converter could have detecting tire slip, and applying the power to the front wheels... but Its almost like I need to roll with my traction control off to do any sort of WOT on the car.

Anyone experience anything similar?
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOnUup

I wasnt, then after miles I was...changed trans fluid...gone!!!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

You could try having the shift pressure lowered, for one thing.  But if your tires are in an environment hostile to them, they may not give you the traction you need either.  You have the F1's on there now?  What temps are you seeing on a daily basis?  Tire pressures?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Describe the slipping....the torque converter doesn't have anything to do with traction control....and it's not sending more power to the front...it's always there this is not a rear biased awe system....I'd ask livernois to lower the 1-2 wot shift pressure to no more than 200 psi max
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 07, 2015, 09:28:57 AM

Rich

I doubt the fluid had anything to do with helping but probably more due to the min and max learned start pressure settings for the adaptive scalars in your tune

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Did you disconnectbthe battery,if so you must perform the battery relearn,so essentially the trans must relearn its adaptive strategy,overtime the learning process will fully update trans operation to its optimum shift feel.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

I'll reach out the LMS to see if they can lower the transmission pressure at WOT. Normal driving, the transitions are smooth.

If I take off traction control, I don't have slipping.. does it change your answers at all? Just curious...
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

Quote from: ZSHO on April 07, 2015, 09:50:20 AM
Did you disconnectbthe battery,if so you must perform the battery relearn,so essentially the trans must relearn its adaptive strategy,overtime the learning process will fully update trans operation to its optimum shift feel.Z

I did disconnect the battery to swap out plugs. How long does this "relearn" take. I installed the tune last week Thursday.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

FoMoCoSHO

The first thing that needs to happen is reach out to LME and let them know what is up. Lots of us have been through this with both of our main beloved ecoboost tuners. I'm sure they will get you squared away in short order.

AJP turbo

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 07, 2015, 09:51:44 AM
I'll reach out the LMS to see if they can lower the transmission pressure at WOT. Normal driving, the transitions are smooth.

If I take off traction control, I don't have slipping.. does it change your answers at all? Just curious...

No but I'd have to feel and hear it first hand

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ajpturbo on April 07, 2015, 09:42:51 AM

Rich

I doubt the fluid had anything to do with helping but probably more due to the min and max learned start pressure settings for the adaptive scalars in your tune

Highly doubtful, unless the car learns while turned off sitting in the garage. Changed fluid, went WOT run it was gone...Flash tune and still gone. Stiffer shift with the flash, no stutter though. And the stiffer shifting after this fluid change and flash was much less harsh than prior flashes.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

That fluid you pulled out was looking unexpectedly nasty too, Rich!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 07, 2015, 10:57:35 AM

Quote from: ajpturbo on April 07, 2015, 09:42:51 AM

Rich

Highly doubtful, unless the car learns while turned off sitting in the garage. Changed fluid, went WOT run it was gone...Flash tune and still gone. Stiffer shift with the flash, no stutter though. And the stiffer shifting after this fluid change and flash was much less harsh than prior flashes.

Rich

How many miles did you have on your SHO? Mine only has about 26,700
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOnUup

48k...30 k should be changed I say.

Will finally be sending out my oil samples soon. Got a trans sample last week and was going to get one from the PTU again but Ford "couldnt" change. Maybe the test samples can shed some light on it.

The fluid was quite dark. Might be a worthwhile 15 minutes to let a little trans fluid out and check it's color.

Rich