• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Tune, Transmission Slips & Traction Control

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 07, 2015, 09:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Quote from: ajpturbo on April 08, 2015, 11:47:37 AM
Alcantara wheel would be the easiest...look at ur window sticker under options look for sho performance package...ask fomoco about the traction control for a 15 or read the manual

It sounds like I have a non-pp :(..

The problem as I didn't get a window sticker because I bought this used.

That explains a lot here... I wonder if I can get the upgraded cooling components...

Specifically the oil cooler and radiator...
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

IHeartGroceries

2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

If you have the Michelins as stated earlier and a spare tire in the trunk then you have a non-PP,and who could miss that loud annoying collission alert on top of the drivers dash.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 08, 2015, 11:50:10 AMIt sounds like I have a non-pp :(..

The problem as I didn't get a window sticker because I bought this used.

That explains a lot here... I wonder if I can get the upgraded cooling components...

Specifically the oil cooler and radiator...

Yes, all of the auxiliary cooling components can easily be retro-fitted.

The only exception being the rear diff / PTU cooler, which is more involved.

There are links online where you can punch in your V.I.N. & be able to obtain both your window sticker &/or options list.

Currently not at a desktop to find & post them for you, but perhaps SHOdded can/will. He's very helpful/knowledgeable like that.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 08, 2015, 11:53:34 AM
Where's that window sticker generator at?

I found a site to print off my sticker based on the VIN. It looks like I don't have the PP for sure.

15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

BiGMaC

14SHOCAR.... For vehicle info you can get a pdf of the window sticker free at http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Just enter your VIN...easy... free

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

14SHOCAR

So what is the consensus on changing out the fluids in the drivetrain?

Where do you go to get this work done? Is it 100% dealership?

What parts do I need to take off? I'll put back the 2 bar, stock tune, but anything else (intake)??

When get the cat + exhaust, that will be a bit more of a pain to do... thoughts?
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

AJP turbo

What would make u think the dealership is the only place that does fluids?...sorry you're making me evil......I say get that poop fluid out and change them all out asap
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 08, 2015, 01:03:38 PM
So what is the consensus on changing out the fluids in the drivetrain?

Where do you go to get this work done? Is it 100% dealership?

What parts do I need to take off? I'll put back the 2 bar, stock tune, but anything else (intake)??

When get the cat + exhaust, that will be a bit more of a pain to do... thoughts?

For dealership work more than Quicklane oil change always go back to stock tune.  Of course for those of us with 3BARs also change that. No dealers in PHX will do the ptu as Ford will then hold them liable if the part fails, rather than Ford corporate... I actually had this conversation with the service manager at my dealership.

Don't know about consensus... But 15K-25K for these fluids IMHO... you'll need a suction pump as the PTU has no drain plug and you'll be working through the vent. Most people are doing it multiple times at one operation to try to get more of the old fluid out...there are several threads on doing this and listing fluid types/capacities.  If the ptu fluid is thick blackened junk or has metal in it I'd recommend finding someone to remove it and clean it properly.

I don't think AM pipes will add to the difficulty.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

14SHOCAR

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 08, 2015, 01:39:19 PM
Don't know about consensus... But 15K-25K for these fluids IMHO... you'll need a suction pump as the PTU has no drain plug and you'll be working through the vent.

So what you're saying is I can't take it to a lube place to replace this fluid or the rear diff? We have a place out here called hands on garage which has the lifts, tools etc to do whatever you need to for a vehicle. I'd consider doing the fluids if I can find the right stuff + weight.

Quote from: ajpturbo on April 08, 2015, 01:16:14 PM
sorry you're making me evil..

14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

BiGMaC

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 08, 2015, 01:50:51 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on April 08, 2015, 01:39:19 PM
Don't know about consensus... But 15K-25K for these fluids IMHO... you'll need a suction pump as the PTU has no drain plug and you'll be working through the vent.

So what you're saying is I can't take it to a lube place to replace this fluid or the rear diff? We have a place out here called hands on garage which has the lifts, tools etc to do whatever you need to for a vehicle. I'd consider doing the fluids if I can find the right stuff + weight.

Quote from: ajpturbo on April 08, 2015, 01:16:14 PM
sorry you're making me evil..

Take it anywhere you trust!  Check out the lubricants though.  I have a 7 year factory maintenance policy on my car... but I take them the oil, etc...you may want to do the same wherever you go.

I do think it's good to have a relationship with the service folks at a Ford house... it has come in handy for me.

AJP turbo

Id love to have a relationship with a dealer but I just can't bring myself to mess with them anymore when they tell me they have to drop the ptu to do the fluid lol...it tells me they are either stupid or dishonest so either way they aren't worth my time
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Honestly, I'd prefer to have the unit R&R'd and opened once off for a real inspection and cleaning.... no dealer i'm near will touch it unless it fails.