• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO PP Or No PP

Started by navbtcret, November 25, 2013, 11:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

good point my PP has no spare tire = lighter = faster than a non PP SHO lol
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

Fast SHO

You all are looking at this wrong.  The PP is designed for the road course.  You will only see a 1/4th mile improvement due to the gearing, otherwise all the changes are to benefit the twisties.
2014 SHO PP

Bigfoot

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on December 02, 2013, 10:49:24 AM
Quote from: Bigfoot on December 02, 2013, 12:23:40 AM
ACC>PP.  ACC is amazing, worth every penny.

that and turbo cars don't need gearing like NA cars do.  the car has long gears, and throwing a 3.16 RP in it does not change the performance. 

the extra coolers are nice, but as its been said those can be added.
I guess I don't understand why "...turbo cars don't need gearing like NA cars do."

NA cars benefit from gearing changes as it allows them to stay in their relatively narrow torque band.  turbo cars, especially a twin turbo car has a broad fat torque curve.  it doest not need gearing to help accelerate the engine into its peak power areas. 

look into Supras for instance.  when was the last time you saw a big turbo supra with 4.10s?  they all run long gears that allow them to spool and stay in gear allowing them to stay in boost.  shifting gears is loosing boost. 

and auto+long gears=perfect turbo setup. 

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

shoman04

Quote from: DJE624 on December 05, 2013, 09:05:38 PM
You could even be lighter and faster if you fill your tires with helium!   ;D
LOL ROTF LMBO!!!!!!
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

BiGMaC

There's always Ex-Lax for those last few pounds!   :jacked:  :rofl:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 05, 2013, 10:30:09 PM

that and turbo cars don't need gearing like NA cars do.  the car has long gears, and throwing a 3.16 RP in it does not change the performance. 

I guess I don't understand why "...turbo cars don't need gearing like NA cars do."

NA cars benefit from gearing changes as it allows them to stay in their relatively narrow torque band.  turbo cars, especially a twin turbo car has a broad fat torque curve.  it doest not need gearing to help accelerate the engine into its peak power areas. 

look into Supras for instance.  when was the last time you saw a big turbo supra with 4.10s?  they all run long gears that allow them to spool and stay in gear allowing them to stay in boost.  shifting gears is loosing boost. 

sure on a 1000hp rear wheel drive car highway race. But really we're juat talking about a couple of tuned and lightly moded SHO's here. Not quite the same thing, and 410's lol really ???
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

Bigfoot

Quote from: 68_GT on December 06, 2013, 12:22:05 AM
Quote from: Bigfoot on December 05, 2013, 10:30:09 PM

sure on a 1000hp rear wheel drive car highway race. But really we're juat talking about a couple of tuned and lightly moded SHO's here. Not quite the same thing, and 410's lol really ???

that was a pretty simple explanation. sorry it didn't make sense to you. 

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

68_GT

What makes you think I didn't understand what you were saying ? My point was Supra's to SHO is not exactly apples to apples.

We're talking about 2 SHO's here. One with a lower gear than the other.

Fast SHO

Completely depends on what you are trying to do.  Taller gears in FI cars are usually done for one of two reasons.  1) Ensure you are not maxing out your gearing in the 1/4th due to MPH (a problem in a lot of high HP FI cars where they will have to shift just before the end of the track resulting in a lost in MPH and a slower ET). 2) Be able to get a higher MPH out of the car in events such as the standing mile i.e. not run out of gear....or the autobahn/highways of Mexico.

With a traditional turbo setup lower gears can help overcome turbo lag, and ultimately in a car like the SHO it would help with the hole shot.

Bottom line is higher gears are usually an upgrade for FI cars pushing significant amounts of power and/or struggling with traction (roots style blowers).

Lower gearing in our cars is a good thing.
2014 SHO PP

Darkside

So what are everyones 60' then?

Non PP here with consistent 1.84's in 1500 DA.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert