• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bad BOV

Started by TASK_FORCE187, June 16, 2018, 06:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

The vacuum line brake booster is pictured below! Check the sensor that you connected to the MDesign intake which looks loose.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 11:58:22 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 11:43:21 AM
The brake booster vacuum line by the firewall looks to be loose!
The IAT Sensor grommet coming from the MDesign intake seems unsecured IMO!
Did you try driving without the FRONT BOV Connected!  Z
Can you point them out for me????

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Can I switch them around?

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 12:07:19 PM

Correct indeed! Focus on the BOV for now . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 12:07:19 PM

Correct indeed! Focus on the BOV for now . Z
I dont have a clamp for the rear charge pipe. Can that be it?

ZSHO

No! The Front & Rear ports work on vacuum and don't need hose clamps   Z

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 01:05:17 PM
So I disconnected the front connector and its not doing it no more. They do sound a lot louder.

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 01:13:57 PM
So I disconnected the front connector and its not doing it no more. They do sound a lot louder.

Thats some Awesome news !!! Thats perfectly normal and expected.... 
I would just order a new BOV from the ^^^ link as mentioned earlier.  Z

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 01:29:57 PM

Can leave unplugged

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 01:29:57 PM

Can leave unplugged

Yes! But intall some black electrical tape around the connector until you receive the new part.  Z

TASK_FORCE187

So my car is the Ford Dealership. They told me that my car is over boosting. Why is that?

ZSHO

Did you ever order and replace it with a brand new BOV as mentioned previously!   Z

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on June 27, 2018, 09:09:13 PM
Did you ever order and replace it with a brand new BOV as mentioned previously!   Z
No. I just took my car for a warranty job. They told me that my car was over boosting. They are currently looking for the reason. I never once mentioned it to them they found it on there own. Hopefully they change it under my warranty

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 27, 2018, 09:18:38 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 27, 2018, 09:09:13 PM
No. I just took my car for a warranty job. They told me that my car was over boosting. They are currently looking for the reason. I never once mentioned it to them they found it on there own. Hopefully they change it under my warranty

The same dealer that replaced it with a new Long Block Correct!
Did you revert back to stock setup!
It should be covered under warranty and keep us updated.  Z

TASK_FORCE187

Yes I need. I only left my catch can on. It is the same dealership.

DstryEvrytng

Make sure you check thay brake booster line that Z noticed when you get the car back. You dont want that fugger coming off, trust me, almost no brakes sucks pretty bad.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.