• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

14-psi tune update .. followup.

Started by TopherSho, June 09, 2017, 02:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

When the meth starts spraying your ECU takes a split second to compensate which will cause you run rich for moment... so starting spray I believe is a balancing act.. you want enough air moving through the engine to carry the extra fuel via meth without bogging out... I start my spray around 6 psi and it's progressive... a small amount at first but sprays more as the boost increases...

Works well for me... if I park my car.. start it 30 minutes later my IATs are 170ish... a quick sprint in second gear with meth instantly drops it 40+ degrees without pushing it...

either move your nozzle to a spot after the noisemaker or plug it. You will see a difference I believe...

During a full 3 gear pull I will often times drop below ambient temps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polskifacet

It's not possible for temps to drop under ambient unless your juice is colder than ambient.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

Quote from: polskifacet on July 22, 2017, 08:51:48 PM
It's not possible for temps to drop under ambient unless your juice is colder than ambient.

Sure... ever dipped your finger in alcohol? And then blown on it? Let me find a log for you...

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 22, 2017, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: polskifacet on July 22, 2017, 08:51:48 PM

Sure... ever dipped your finger in alcohol? And then blown on it? Let me find a log for you...

Ahh i forget your running 100% meth
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

polskifacet

And humidity must be low where your at. cycling my memory through airconditioning and wetbulb temperature. Still not consistent, I'm getting a max cooling of 10 over ambient and i have 70% water which allows me to cool much more volume of air but since alcohol evaporates quicker you can get colder than me. you still must be spraying a boatload or meth lol.

polskifacet

Topher sho should try pure meth or denatured alcohol. might get him those low temps hes after.

StealBlueSho

Enough to cool, prevent knock, and never worry about fuel pressure... a metric crap load.

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 22, 2017, 09:42:22 PM
Enough to cool, prevent knock, and never worry about fuel pressure... a metric crap load.

as additional fuel, my windshield washer fluid is enough and in still only spraying 7 gph to your 15 nozzle so half.

TopherSho

OK, guys... Thank you everyone.    It is clear my performance is being limited a bit more than others and just bums me out.  it what it is.

I was wanted to avoid a meth tune but I am not going to be satisfied until I get my @#$&ing 12's.

Sooo... Brad.  I will throw some money at you later next week.  I have a trip out of town so no work this weekend. 

Since I have the meth kit we will do a meth tune.  It is NOT a progressive spray though... I hate to waste the kit so we will tune for it.    I will get you a sample of logs so you can see in advance where the spray is kicking on.  I think it's Bout 6-7 pounds based on observation.

Maybe later well do a e30 update after that ..

Jebus.. slippery slope meet beecker... /Plunge/
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

polskifacet

its very safe imo . knock sensors can pull out 10 degrees.

TopherSho

Quote from: polskifacet on July 22, 2017, 09:32:02 PM
Topher sho should try pure meth or denatured alcohol. might get him those low temps hes after.

the 140f flash-point concerns me.  I do not think i can run pure meth...
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

StealBlueSho

Quote from: polskifacet on July 22, 2017, 09:53:06 PM

as additional fuel, my windshield washer fluid is enough and in still only spraying 7 gph to your 15 nozzle so half.

Fair... But since I don't have 8 years of experience deploying meth on these motors, I trust that those who do have worked out a good solution.

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 22, 2017, 11:03:45 PM

Fair... But since I don't have 8 years of experience deploying meth on these motors, I trust that those who do have worked out a good solution.

I trusted them for a while and then they horribly failed resulting in the longest troubleshooting thread on this forum but I digress. Its not rocket science, there is nothing to develop minus controller logic which you know how I feel about that already. We all have the same goal with different approaches which is great! All of my approaches are daily driver focused. I'll get some dyno results too. Just saying darn washer fluid is performing better than expected. AJP is adjusting shift pressures because of the power I'm making. Plus is tremendously satisfying when something you fab up yourself works great :).

StealBlueSho

Quote from: polskifacet on July 24, 2017, 10:47:28 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 22, 2017, 11:03:45 PM

I trusted them for a while and then they horribly failed resulting in the longest troubleshooting thread on this forum but I digress. Its not rocket science, there is nothing to develop minus controller logic which you know how I feel about that already. We all have the same goal with different approaches which is great! All of my approaches are daily driver focused. I'll get some dyno results too. Just saying darn washer fluid is performing better than expected. AJP is adjusting shift pressures because of the power I'm making. Plus is tremendously satisfying when something you fab up yourself works great :).

I 100% agree with everything you just said. Glad to see your continued success!

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 22, 2017, 06:27:20 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on July 22, 2017, 03:13:18 PM
I think you are fine....No need to tap your mani...You are a bit further downstream than most but I don't think it's bad because that probably gives it time to mix more evenly in the air charge.

I would be worried about loosing effectiveness due to the noisemaker... it's a big hollow piece of plastic made for air to travel through to make noise... I bet you take off the noisemaker after a pull and it's wet... through and through.

Why do you keep making me spend money ... :)