• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hesitation in boost and high rpm

Started by polskifacet, December 04, 2016, 12:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on January 25, 2018, 06:04:24 PM
TC was off at the time. It normally is off when I'm "testing"...
I had the exact issues with my LMS tune. I only had shifting problems with AJP on the meth tune when it was cold out but Brad did his tuning magic and adjusted some shift pressures and such and I haven't experienced it since. It unfortunately almost makes me happy that I'm not the only one, most of the guys were already tired of my moaning and groaning lol.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on January 25, 2018, 05:22:13 PM
Im not sure if this had been mentioned or tried before. But on my drive home i did a little bit of experimenting. I put the car in S manual mode. I would accelerate at approx half throttle all the way until it shifted on its own at about 6500. Had no issues whatsoever with misfires that way even from second to third. What I found odd is that as I tried to do a wot pull in manual but still allow it to auto shift and it would not. It hit a brick wall of misfires at about 6k (+or-) and never auto "safety" shifted. Not sure if it was rev limiter or combination. Never the less. I won't try that again. But the part throttle acceleration had no stutters even at highest rpms.
Are you sure these are actual misfires?

Do you have a CEL?

Thanks to the EPA It doesn't take many to throw a CEL

StinkinLinkin13

Funny. Me and you buddy. So did you just have to "eat" the 600$ LMS tune? I have no problem trying another tuner if they offered a refund... It hasn't even been a month yet. Seems like they would prefer that I settle on a older less aggressive tune... Well thats not what I shelled out my cash for. Its tougher knowing other people get that for their money but Id have to settle for less. But idk. We will see. No I have no CEL.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Ramairetransam

13 mks eb and i have seen first hand v11 93 3 bar issues with the lms tune . It had the chugging/hesitation at the top of 2nd and a little at top of first . Never any issues with v10 .  It actually has a v11 93 3 bar soft shift reduced power tune waiting to go in .
13 Mks Ecoboost

StinkinLinkin13

Thanks for the info. Im sure this isn't as isolated as it may seem. I did hear from LMS. They sent me some "updates" this morning and I hadn't even been in contact with them directly since I've been trying to get some data logs first. Im assuming they may have seen these postings.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

AJP turbo

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on January 26, 2018, 12:36:07 PM
Im assuming they may have seen these postings.

Oh yes LMS trolls and lurks in the shadows just like the rest of us lol...don't let them kid you
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 26, 2018, 12:45:54 PM

Oh yes they troll and lurk in the shadows just like the rest of us lol...don't let them kid you

Haha. It's a bit unfortunate that you seem more interested in my issues than they do thus far. Its frustrating emailing then waiting 2 days for a question "have you tried this tried that" then having to wait another 2 days for another swinging in the wind tune attempt "well try this tune or that tune". Anyhow. So correct me if I'm wrong but is the HPFP strictly a mechanical pump. Is there anyway for the pressure to be raised via the tune other than at the injectors. (Shortening pulse width-duration) In other words scaling back the tune. I just figured the hpfp would be able to handle these relatively mild tunes with no problem. Sorry guys if you're tired of hearing about this shyt. Just so far I bought a 900$ problem and it blows. Was looking forward to these mods and its just been an expensive problem.

El_SHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 26, 2018, 12:45:54 PM

Oh yes LMS trolls and lurks in the shadows just like the rest of us lol...don't let them kid you

I have this same problem, will ur tune correct this? I have the same ECU as polskifacet
2013 Taurus SHO with PP
Unleashed 93 oct (Livewire TS)
170° Tsat
K&n drop in air fliter
2 12in q5000 subs + 5000(2800rms) SSL amp @ 1 ohm

StealBlueSho

The LMS V11 tune on my 2016 works well... I do notice some big pressure drops in the rail pressure though.. and can imagine if you are somewhere where it's cold, it would cause problems... at 40F I saw pressure drops below 1000psi which I don't like...

Nothing you can really do helps the stock HPFP... you can lean out the mixture in the tune which will help take the load off the fuel system...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

Quote from: BJSHO on April 25, 2018, 08:14:47 AM
The LMS V11 tune on my 2016 works well... I do notice some big pressure drops in the rail pressure though.. and can imagine if you are somewhere where it's cold, it would cause problems... at 40F I saw pressure drops below 1000psi which I don't like...

Nothing you can really do helps the stock HPFP... you can lean out the mixture in the tune which will help take the load off the fuel system...

You could do what was needed for Polski's problem....Max throttle control like stock....He actually said he didn't feel a difference in throttle response.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 25, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

You could do what was needed for Polski's problem....Max throttle control like stock....He actually said he didn't feel a difference in throttle response.

True, I didn't mention the throttle control portion but that makes a huge difference... but it does kill your VE from what I understand...

Additionally, it might have been the install on my meth kit, but when the throttle would close up to control the load, I would run rich for a second... my AFRs were not as stable when using the throttle to control load.

On my tunes without throttle control the AFRs were rock steady...

AJP turbo

Quote from: BJSHO on April 25, 2018, 01:55:53 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on April 25, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

True, I didn't mention the throttle control portion but that makes a huge difference... but it does kill your VE from what I understand...

Additionally, it might have been the install on my meth kit, but when the throttle would close up to control the load, I would run rich for a second... my AFRs were not as stable when using the throttle to control load.

On my tunes without throttle control the AFRs were rock steady...

Saying that it kills VE may be a bit strong. I can't say one way or another if it hurts 1/4 mile times. I would say the cars that run good 1/4 mine times with the throttle open is due to the power allowed by the uncontrolled boost spikes

Is running a bit rich at .75 lambda during throttle closure a terrible thing? Especially if it's also preventing low fuel pressure. I know what scenario I would choose

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Skydogs

Yeah love the throttle control in my tunes I dont feel it at all and it keeps deto at bay so we can push boost and timing to the jagged edge!! Can wait to run my car I feel I will make a few people say damnnnnn! LoL
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

derfdog15

Quote from: Skydogs on April 26, 2018, 11:47:14 AM
Yeah love the throttle control in my tunes I dont feel it at all and it keeps deto at bay so we can push boost and timing to the jagged edge!! Can wait to run my car I feel I will make a few people say damnnnnn! LoL

That part is always fun. I remember when I ran 13.8 on the AJP 93, 3 bar tune. Just CAI, tune, and axle backs. People at the track legit asked me "How much over 10k have you spent on mods...there's no way thats a stock motor..." and I told em, "Few hundred in a tune and MAP sensor, axle backs were for sound but also a few hundred". No one believed it till I popped the hood. Quite a look of shock as well when you beat a big V8 car...
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

AJP turbo

Quote from: derfdog15 on April 27, 2018, 12:50:39 PM
Quote from: Skydogs on April 26, 2018, 11:47:14 AM

That part is always fun. I remember when I ran 13.8 on the AJP 93, 3 bar tune. Just CAI, tune, and axle backs. People at the track legit asked me "How much over 10k have you spent on mods...there's no way thats a stock motor..." and I told em, "Few hundred in a tune and MAP sensor, axle backs were for sound but also a few hundred". No one believed it till I popped the hood. Quite a look of shock as well when you beat a big V8 car...

Think you mean 12.8 lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress