• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hesitation in boost and high rpm

Started by polskifacet, December 04, 2016, 12:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Good luck! I don't think they will do anything to the tune. But it's always worth a try...

They do use throttle closures to control the boost spikes.

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 08, 2017, 05:10:13 PM
Good luck! I don't think they will do anything to the tune. But it's always worth a try...

They do use throttle closures to control the boost spikes.

That would be horrible on their part.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

If you paid for a dyno tune where they can verify the changes they can potentially make are actually safe for your car then maybe. You would need to call them. They are not known for remote tuning anything outside of normal. Changes to shifting, yes.. things that change load, no...

But don't press them too hard, or they stop responding to your emails... ask me how I know...

polskifacet

We shall see what they say. It's unfortunate to learn some of these "gotcias" this way.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 08, 2017, 06:01:19 PM
If you paid for a dyno tune where they can verify the changes they can potentially make are actually safe for your car then maybe. You would need to call them. They are not known for remote tuning anything outside of normal. Changes to shifting, yes.. things that change load, no...

But don't press them too hard, or they stop responding to your emails... ask me how I know...

Returning known values to stock for a cold tune isn't rocket science, if it was adding power I understand but this is softening up the tune. It would literally take them 15 minutes to do. They are not doing it for 200 users , 1 guy needs this change, I don't need updates to this tune. I can run the regular v8 or v10 as long as its 65f and there is some humidity. Just do it, do it (lol) , AJP already did the discovery.

With 18k views and 400 replies 3.5x more than any other post on ECPF I'm dumbfounded that we can't come to some closure.

StealBlueSho

I'm not arguing with you. Just repeating historical information. I think they should help you.

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 09, 2017, 10:53:56 AM
I'm not arguing with you. Just repeating historical information. I think they should help you.
I know man they just leave me in a weird spot. I would rather them tell me to get lost instead of teetering on the edge so I can move on. nothing is ever personal to the guys at LMS or anyone here. My gripe is with LMS as a business and how my issue has been handled for the last 6 months.... it hasn't

StealBlueSho

Dunno man... they did a no charge dyno test and diag for you. I just think they don't really do one off stuff unless it something simple...

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 09, 2017, 11:08:20 AM
Dunno man... they did a no charge dyno test and diag for you. I just think they don't really do one off stuff unless it something simple...
Another issue, they didn't diag anything because I still haven't received confirmation on anything they did. They don't even remember. I had to do all the diag myself which you saw in the stock fuel system performance thread. Unfortunately they half arsed that visit. I think their intentions may have been good but the execution wasn't there. Who else would have been this patient with them and through with diagnosing what's going on? I feel like LMS is a car dealer and the second anything is different they say "nope not touching it". The point of this thread was information for others, and finding a solution. Since I am still waiting on closure from LMS, it looks like the solution is to use a different tuner.

SHOdded

Agreed, you should move on to a different tuner.  LME has tried what they could, and it did not work out unfortunately.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

X2 and wholeheartedly agree with -MANU and would be best to move on and take a different route. Z
In all fairness think the personal invite alone was more than satisfactory on there end. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

*pending new info*

ZSHO

This will be my last and final response to this Topic on hand and The only issue that comes to mind is having a [MODE 6 DATA] through IDS performed in order to troubleshoot your issue.

The only other thing that comes to mind is new (COP )Coil Packs since the New Long Block does NOT Come with Coil Packs.

Adam Best of luck on which ever route you take and just trying to help ya out,that's all .Z

http://www.wellsve.com/video_mode6misfire.html
http://www.aa1car.com/library/2005/us010516.htm
https://support.alldata.com/alldata-repair-s3000-article/mode-6-data

ftp://! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Thanks to ZSHO LMS updated my tuner with v8 soft shift tune. Fuel wise it seems much more happy from what I got to test during lunch lol. More testing and a log to come. I'll give up full boost during shifts in a heartbeat if this works out.

polskifacet