• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Focus RS pricing released, $35,730 (MSRP)

Started by dmharvey79, September 16, 2015, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

USMCSHO341

Man those look sweet! I'd buy one in black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Does look sweet... Did a build and got everything except the moon roof, did the forged wheels... Got almost $41K MSRP. Guess I'm getting old... A little hard to jump at one since my '13 SHO was just under $37K brand new and came with extended 7/70 BTB and Ford Esp 7/70 factory maintenance in that price plus insurance on the wheels... Especially the first model year.  Not trying to dis it... Just saying.

Gonna buy lottery tickets and hope!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bpd1151

I haven't looked close enough at these.

In a quick synposis, what's the differences 'tween the ST & the RS??

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dmharvey79

My plan is to hold off and try to find one lightly used at some point.

The AWD system in this Focus RS sounds pretty impressive and the 2.3L EcoBoost is putting out a bit more than it is in the Mustang.

Here is a decent article on the vehicle:
http://jalopnik.com/2016-ford-focus-rs-this-is-your-320-hp-awd-monster-ha-1683323602

Short video from Ford:
https://youtu.be/3uhUYBrfbzI

ZSHO

I could probably fit it in my trunk and still leave enough room for my golf clubs.lol, Nice car though probably competes with the subaru.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PokerMunkee

Helluva a deal.  Will be interesting how it compares heads up to the STi/WRX.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

AJP turbo

I'd really like one and would even consider getting it but I love the torque and instant boost of the twin turbo v6....and if they stop sho production and or downsize the engine I like having the big boy ecoboost

450 ft/lbs at the wheels and mid 12's with an automatic is pretty serious
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

dmharvey79

Anybody have info on the rumors about a Fusion RS in the works? That is another reason I'm planning to hold off on the Focus RS for a few. A Fusion / mini-SHO with the 2.7 would be a great ride.

dmharvey79

Stock 0-60 on this Focus RS is 4.7 seconds, so it sounds like it will have plenty of torque. Once LMS works their magic that should improve significantly too.

BiGMaC

Quote from: dmharvey79 on September 17, 2015, 11:21:15 AM
Stock 0-60 on this Focus RS is 4.7 seconds, so it sounds like it will have plenty of torque. Once LMS works their magic that should improve significantly too.
If you can keep traction and not become airborne, LOL, it should see sub 4sec 0-60's with a tune.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 17, 2015, 11:26:44 AM
If you can keep traction and not become airborne, LOL, it should see sub 4sec 0-60's with a tune.
Its got our AWD enhanced with rear clutch packs to move power left right on the rear axle....

70% to the rear and 100% of that to one wheel....its gonna stick.

AJP turbo

Lol works their magic...it's actually quite simple to tune these things once someone shows u a couple things...

It will have plenty of torque relatively speaking but won't be able to match the torque of the sho with stock turbos
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 17, 2015, 02:20:51 PM

Lol works their magic...it's actually quite simple to tune these things once someone shows u a couple things...

It will have plenty of torque relatively speaking but won't be able to match the torque of the sho with stock turbos
Agreed, but with the weight differential between the two cars it probably doesn't need as much torque.