• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Focus RS pricing released, $35,730 (MSRP)

Started by dmharvey79, September 16, 2015, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 17, 2015, 02:20:51 PM
Quote from: dmharvey79 on September 17, 2015, 11:21:15 AM
Stock 0-60 on this Focus RS is 4.7 seconds, so it sounds like it will have plenty of torque. Once LMS works their magic that should improve significantly too.

It will have plenty of torque relatively speaking but won't be able to match the torque of the sho with stock turbos

I'd be concerned if it did match SHO numbers somehow. We're talking a 2.3L and a 3.5L, haha.

CroR1

with a tune, and assuming RS will be much lighter, I will not be surprised if it kicks SHO's butt. Hence, even and eco mustang seems to be a bit faster than SHO after some mods.

AJP turbo

I didn't say match the speed I said match the torque....something to be said for 400 wtq at 2500 rpm...no eco stang or rs will do that...if I'm not mistaken I think the 2.3 ecoboost has a larger turbo than the sho which will mean more lag and a later light off rpm...the sho has to have a small enough turbo that 1.75 liters can spool...that's why our shos have virtually 0 lag

Are the eco stangs running mid 12's with a tune?...no doubt the focus rs will put up good 1/4 mile times due to it having a manual and or a dual clutch tranny with launch control...even tho we have awd we can't launch well because we have a auto slushbox of a tranny...to get good numbers from the rs u will have to rev high and dump the clutch and with a tune and increase boost and awd I doubt the stock clutch will take that long...Taurus on the other hand will allow me to masturbate and cool my balls while running down the track ha! Suckers
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

PokerMunkee

Forcus RS will hopefully beat up the Golf R and STi.  The '17 Raptor will have EB and is rated around 450HP/445lb-ft.  New Super Duty gets revealed next week at TX state fair.  GM got fined $900M for covering up evidence in defect that caused 124 deaths.  Good times to be on team Ford!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 17, 2015, 04:04:34 PM
I didn't say match the speed I said match the torque....something to be said for 400 wtq at 2500 rpm...no eco stang or rs will do that...if I'm not mistaken I think the 2.3 ecoboost has a larger turbo than the sho which will mean more lag and a later light off rpm...the sho has to have a small enough turbo that 1.75 liters can spool...that's why our shos have virtually 0 lag

Are the eco stangs running mid 12's with a tune?...no doubt the focus rs will put up good 1/4 mile times due to it having a manual and or a dual clutch tranny with launch control...even tho we have awd we can't launch well because we have a auto slushbox of a tranny...to get good numbers from the rs u will have to rev high and dump the clutch and with a tune and increase boost and awd I doubt the stock clutch will take that long...Taurus on the other hand will allow me to masturbate and cool my balls while running down the track ha! Suckers
I sure like the entertainment, will definetly (boost)the ratings up a notch.lol.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

s1krr

This is very tempting

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

The Focus looks to be a real "hot" hatch...as usual Livernois will give it It's best chance and opportunity to put down the best #'s. It's just what they do, we could count the ways. But that doesn't mean other tuners won't have respectable times also.

Ecoboost Mustang at CAD

Look at the wrinkle, wheels almost in the air...was running 12.6 though.

I think the launch strategy was off, revving way high building alot of boost prior to and during staging...videos to come...just looked like it killed 1st gear.

Anyways, Ford has brought us some goodies, that with just a simple tune can surprise many thought to be muscle cars...way to go Ford

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

dmharvey79

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 17, 2015, 04:04:34 PM

It will definitely be interesting to see what these cars do once they're out for a while. With launch control and the ability to get 70% to the rear wheels they should put able to down pretty solid 1/4-mile times. It is my understanding that they'll only be offering the vehicle with a manual transmission and the double clutch is part of the AWD system. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

dmharvey79

For the EcoBoost Mustang, it looks like LMS had one putting out 327HP and 427TQ at around 3250 RPMs with just a tune. That vehicle ran a 12.6 1/4-mile (1.6793 60') and it didn't have the performance package, just a tune and drag radials.

Any guesses on tuned numbers and/or times if Ford is claiming 'over 330HP' for the stock Focus RS?

LMS EcoBoost Mustang:
https://youtu.be/H2dkcQGQBXs

dmharvey79

My guess for the Focus RS with a tune... 365HP / 375TQ with a 12.3 1/4-mile time.

SHOnUup

Quote from: dmharvey79 on September 18, 2015, 12:23:43 AM
For the EcoBoost Mustang, it looks like LMS had one putting out 327HP and 427TQ at around 3250 RPMs with just a tune. That vehicle ran a 12.6 1/4-mile (1.6793 60') and it didn't have the performance package, just a tune and drag radials.

Any guesses on tuned numbers and/or times if Ford is claiming 'over 330HP' for the stock Focus RS?

LMS EcoBoost Mustang:
They had it running 11's too...it is now tore apart and new bigger things are on the way for it!!!

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

brian.t.flynn.9

It could fit INSIDE MY FLEX!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

LMS EcoBoost Mustang:

Slicks = .5 sec
He can have his 12.6 with slicks I'll take my 12.6 with stock tires. There is a titty bar on the way home from my track. Id drive through a rain storm and already have some titties in my face while they were putting their street tires back on..I love those people..they say they run a certain time  but as the car sits it wouldn't run that..
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 18, 2015, 07:56:51 AM

LMS EcoBoost Mustang:

Slicks = .5 sec
He can have his 12.6 with slicks I'll take my 12.6 with stock tires. There is a titty bar on the way home from my track. Id drive through a rain storm and already have some titties in my face while they were putting their street tires back on..I love those people..they say they run a certain time  but as the car sits it wouldn't run that..

Yeah, they were doing something wrong on the launch I feel...but it only took them 5 minutes at the most to change. They were fast. The guy actually came over and asked what we were running and then said he was getting a SHO next...lol

From the bits and pieces I picked up from talking to a few different people about the 2.3, too much power bends the rods in them so they're not being pushed that hard anymore to protect the integrity of the vehicle...

Just a tune and Livernois had it running 12.6 on their shop ecostang.