• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Focus RS pricing released, $35,730 (MSRP)

Started by dmharvey79, September 16, 2015, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

So the stock internals are the limiting factor on the 2.3L engine? Has this been a fairly common issues to date and at what point are people running into problems? Good information to know, thanks!

SHOnUup

Quote from: dmharvey79 on September 18, 2015, 08:38:49 AM
So the stock internals are the limiting factor on the 2.3L engine? Has this been a fairly common issues to date and at what point are people running into problems? Good information to know, thanks!
From what I've heard, from a couple different sets of tuners and mechanics...Livernois has a special package coming to remedy this though!

We got another tour of the shop yesterday...it was pretty interesting seeing the high profile projects sent to them to be fixed...I can't divulge anything else or Jamie will hunt me down and brake my legs...lol...couldn't even take pics this time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

Stock internals have always been the limiting factor among other things when adding boost to a car that had none of adding more boost to a car that already has it...there is no magic number despite what u want to believe....my civic has run 520whp on stock internals...others have destroyed them with less...stock coyote 5 liters have been destroying #8 without boost while mine on the other hand has been loving boost
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

dmharvey79

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 18, 2015, 10:01:27 AM

Stock internals have always been the limiting factor among other things when adding boost to a car that had none of adding more boost to a car that already has it...there is no magic number despite what u want to believe....my civic has run 520whp on stock internals...others have destroyed them with less...stock coyote 5 liters have been destroying #8 without boost while mine on the other hand has been loving boost

Oh, I thought there was a magic number where they all just grenade like clockwork...silly me. What I was asking is how modified were the vehicles that experienced these failures? Were they just tuned or were they running additional modifications at the time? I ask because I hadn't heard about this happening and I'm wondering if anything was changed to address this in the Focus RS.

Out of curiosity, have internals become an issue for the 3.5L EcoBoost engine? I haven't followed the engine closely since I sold my SHO but last I heard the fuel system seemed to be the big hurdle people were running into and stock internals were holding up pretty well. Just wondering what challenges have presented themselves as people continue to push the envelope.

dmharvey79

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 18, 2015, 09:00:04 AM
From what I've heard, from a couple different sets of tuners and mechanics...Livernois has a special package coming to remedy this though!

We got another tour of the shop yesterday...it was pretty interesting seeing the high profile projects sent to them to be fixed...I can't divulge anything else or Jamie will hunt me down and brake my legs...lol...couldn't even take pics this time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I look forward to seeing what LMS has to offer in the future. They'll be my choice if I decide to pull the trigger on one of these vehicles in the future. I was very happy with their canned tune on my SHO, zero regrets.

dmharvey79

The first in a series of promotional videos on the new Focus RS, similar to the series they did for the 3.5L EcoBoost.

https://youtu.be/4JVhgCqHr2g