• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My New 2015 Chevy SS **Boo-Hissss**

Started by SHO-Time, July 16, 2015, 10:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-Time

As some may know, I sold my SHO a few days ago. Here is my new 2015 "Perfect Blue" Chevy SS with 415hp, 6-speed manual, magnetic ride, 3.70 gear, sun roof, full sized spare (an actual spare forged rim w/ summer tire)

2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

14 TUX BL

I think your car is absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!

How much was it? Incentives?

In my 30+ years of driving, Fords products (primarily Mustangs) have made up most of my cars. That said, the Chevy SS is (stock for stock) faster than an SHO if driven properly. But for me, it lacks one crucial item for single car ownership in the Northeast ...

AWD.

Have fun with your car, let us know how you like it, and post up some vids. :)

ZSHO

I truely love the car and especially the color,best of luck with the new ride and CONGRATS.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-Time

Quote from: 14 TUX BL on July 16, 2015, 10:40:26 AM

In my 30+ years of driving, Fords products (primarily Mustangs) have made up most of my cars. That said, the Chevy SS is (stock for stock) faster than an SHO if driven properly. But for me, it lacks one crucial item for single car ownership in the Northeast ...

AWD.

I concur about the AWD, but I was sick of having the winter dictate the cars I buy. I said F**K it, this car is cool and I'm buying it. My last four cars have all been turbocharged and although I LOVE turbos, I really wanted an N/A V8 powered muscle car with some utility. This thing sounds soooooooo good...and it's pretty rare as it's difficult to find one with the 6-speed manual.

The incentive was 72 months at 0% financing plus I had a lot of GM points from my credit card.

I'll post more picks and videos when I get a chance.

ecoboostsho

Nice car! I would potentially be driving one as well if it weren't for Snow! :)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

Well at least you picked the right color to pay homage to the SHO :P  Congrats on the new ride, one of the few to get one, hope to get some engine bay pics and vids of sound & drag times soon!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

peppelepugh

Quote from: SHO-Time on July 16, 2015, 10:52:15 AM
Quote from: 14 TUX BL on July 16, 2015, 10:40:26 AM

AWD.

I concur about the AWD, but I was sick of having the winter dictate the cars I buy. I said F**K it, this car is cool and I'm buying it. My last four cars have all been turbocharged and although I LOVE turbos, I really wanted an N/A V8 powered muscle car with some utility. This thing sounds soooooooo good...and it's pretty rare as it's difficult to find one with the 6-speed manual.

The incentive was 72 months at 0% financing plus I had a lot of GM points from my credit card.

I'll post more picks and videos when I get a chance.

Can't complain with 0% there!!!! CONGRATS!!!! How does the exhaust sound from the factory? I hope a little mean!!! That blue is BEAUTIFUL!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHO-Time

The SS stock sounds like a C6 Corvette that has an aftermarket exhaust already installed. It's very throaty on acceleration, yet fairly quite on the interior and it cackles and pops on deceleration.

PokerMunkee

Very nice.  Even more rare than SHO, can't say I've ever seen one in the wild.  Probably only popular in the south.  I also don't see many 300/Charger SRT8 sedans in Colorado.

If you want 4 doors + V8 + AWD, you have very limited choices.  Anything, other than a couple expensive SUVs?  Dodge dropped the Charger R/T AWD for 2015.  Infiniti has their Q70 and Mercedes.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHO-Time

Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 16, 2015, 11:39:09 AM
Very nice.  Even more rare than SHO, can't say I've ever seen one in the wild.  Probably only popular in the south.  I also don't see many 300/Charger SRT8 sedans in Colorado.

If you want 4 doors + V8 + AWD, you have very limited choices.  Anything, other than a couple expensive SUVs?  Dodge dropped the Charger R/T AWD for 2015.  Infiniti has their Q70 and Mercedes.

Yeah, maybe an SRT8 Jeep is one of the few choices

JagerBomb

Thats a sharp looking car! Makes me miss my charger srt8. Lets see the sound clip and engine pictures of it. A rare find for sure.

How does it compare to the size of your SHO?
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!

SHO-Time

Quote from: JagerBomb on July 16, 2015, 12:07:17 PM
Thats a sharp looking car! Makes me miss my charger srt8. Lets see the sound clip and engine pictures of it. A rare find for sure.

How does it compare to the size of your SHO?

Length wise, they're both virtually the same. The SS is a few inches lower and slightly thinner then the SHO. Weight wise, the SS tips the scale at 3,970 lbs. The dashboard in the SS is closer to the windshield so with my driver's seat all the way back, an adult 6ft person can still fit very comfortably in the backseat. One of the pluses and minuses of the SS is that it has perfect 50/50 balance, however the trade off is the rear seats do not fold down...only the center portion does.

Power wise, it feels faster than my tuned non-PP SHO, however we all know how a dig race from stoplight-to-stoplight would play out. The manual SSs have been running better times then the autos in 1/4 and there is a guy on youtube that ran a 12.8 in a bone  stock 6-speed manual with mediocre 60 ft times. I received a "free" GoPro with my purchase, so me and my brother-inlaw will do some runs between his tuned PP with intake & downpipes vs. my stock SS!!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PokerMunkee

A GoPro video of the modified SHO vs the stock SS would be awesome.  It should be pretty close, I bet!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

JagerBomb

It looks great. I defiantly like it and since it looks like you can share parts with the yellow jacket in the garage.

What GoPro are they giving away? The one just before the new super small one came out just recently?

That 50/50 weight distribution is awesome! I would like to see a modified SHO vs a stock SS I would be curious how it plays out. Have to make sure I don't embarrass myself out on the roads here when I see one. LOL.
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!