• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My New 2015 Chevy SS **Boo-Hissss**

Started by SHO-Time, July 16, 2015, 10:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Man, I love those rotofab intakes, I wish they'd give us some love.

Engine covers look great as well.

Who did your tuning?

SHO-Time

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 24, 2016, 02:03:47 PM
Man, I love those rotofab intakes, I wish they'd give us some love.

Engine covers look great as well.

Who did your tuning?

Thank you.

I had Late Model Throttle in Waukesha, WI do the tune.

They thought they could've squeeze a little more timing out, but I stored the car for the winter and I most likely had some poopy stale fuel or winter blend 93 octane in the tank....oh well.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

ZSHO

Definitely looks great Mike.  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Vortech347

I apologize for Hi-jacking.

Your SS is a sexy beast.  If I would have had another 5k in the bank at the time.  I would have bought one.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

14 TUX BL

Quote from: SHO-Time on March 24, 2016, 11:31:10 AM
Thanks 14 TUX BL!

When originally posting my thread, it was never intended to start a "what car is better" or "AWD vs RWD" argument, but such is the internet. As everything in life, people will choose what ever product best suits their preferences, personality and/or overall tastes. I enjoyed my SHO very much, I simply decided to go in a different direction.

Understood.

I actually like the SS, very nice car and as fast as a stock Mustang GT. And as you probably know, MT recently tested an SS and called it "The New Benchmark Sport Sedan":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbLweooe3aM

QuoteWith that said, I did get the SS tuned a couple of weeks ago...

Basline with Rotofab Intake = 366 RWHP / 373 RWTQ

RotoFab CAI & Dyno-Tune = 390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ

Really nice results. Did you run the SHO on the same dyno? Numbers on that for comparo?

Best of luck to you and your car, stay safe!

southtxSHO

Quote from: SHO-Time on March 24, 2016, 11:31:10 AM
Quote from: 14 TUX BL on March 24, 2016, 12:13:50 AM
I stopped reading posts because I don't want to get into needless arguments, just want to go down with this final thought if that's ok:

SHO-Time originally posted on his SS, a car he was clearly proud of. I wish him the best!

My response was/remains it's a great looking car with equally great performance. But for me, I needed a one-solution AWD performance sedan, and the SHO fit the bill (plus, I'm a Ford guy to a fault).

I wish our SHO's pulled 13.0's stock (C&D says the auto SS is even a tenth faster at 12.9) but I'll have to be content with my 13.79 non-PP bone stock ET, which doesn't carry a $1300 Gas Guzzler Tax equipped with an automatic.

Bottom line is the SS is a commendable car that has earned respect in the performance sedan market, as well it should.

PEACE

Thanks 14 TUX BL!

When originally posting my thread, it was never intended to start a "what car is better" or "AWD vs RWD" argument, but such is the internet. As everything in life, people will choose what ever product best suits their preferences, personality and/or overall tastes. I enjoyed my SHO very much, I simply decided to go in a different direction.

With that said, I did get the SS tuned a couple of weeks ago...

Basline with Rotofab Intake = 366 RWHP / 373 RWTQ

RotoFab CAI & Dyno-Tune = 390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ

And I had these custom painted engine covers made

Damn... those covers look sweet.... been debating to get that but really saving up for some welds wheels for the ss

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway