• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 North American Taurus

Started by SwampRat, April 23, 2015, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 09, 2015, 05:15:54 PM

The other color they had out

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Is that a Guard colored SHO? That looks badass!

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOnUup

Quote from: Wilson on November 23, 2015, 03:12:14 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on September 09, 2015, 05:15:54 PM

The other color they had out

Is that a Guard colored SHO? That looks badass!

Wilson
I can't remember the name of this one...

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Here's another shot of it

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Wilson

Yeah, that's gotta be Guard.  Erick from LET has a Mustang that color.  It changes from gray to green to black to silver depending on what angle you look at it.  Very nice color.
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOnUup

The green is a lot more noticeable in person too.

AndyMan04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDZFGibaP9c

thought I would share this video I found regarding the Taurus. Seems like its ready for American production if they have it on the streets already testing. .. this was back in September of this year too.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

gladams

2013 SHO mineral gray,  airaid CAI, Corsa exhaust
Traded the 2014 Fusion Titanium for........
2012 Mustang GT sterling gray 5.0 6sp manual. Roush CAI, Noise delete kit, lower control arm brace.

CroR1

looks like a fusion on steroids. I cannot say that I like it. it just looks too soft for me as compared to the 10-15 Taurus models. Maybe over time it grows on me, we will see.

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Wilson

Quote from: CroR1 on December 17, 2015, 01:34:40 PM
looks like a fusion on steroids. I cannot say that I like it. it just looks too soft for me as compared to the 10-15 Taurus models. Maybe over time it grows on me, we will see.
I actually like the new look, but I hate that it just looks like a big Fusion now. It's bad enough with the current car where people will say "Nice car, is that a Fusion?" No sir, it's not!

Wilson

jtoddk98

Quote from: CroR1 on December 17, 2015, 01:34:40 PM
that's what people said about the new Mustang. It definitely grew on a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

markssho

Quote from: AndyMan04 on December 17, 2015, 10:25:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDZFGibaP9c

thought I would share this video I found regarding the Taurus. Seems like its ready for American production if they have it on the streets already testing. .. this was back in September of this year too.
Great find, thanks!

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

jtoddk98

Any updates on if the new Taurus will ever make it over to the North American roads?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

metroplex

The 2017 Taurus Job 1 date is out along with the order date/scheduling dates. Basically you can order a 2017 once the 2016 order dates are coming to a close. I haven't found any details on the 2017. Talking to people that know people that work at CAP, it seems like 2017 is just another run for the current platform/chassis - but again, it's from people that know someone that works at CAP. Honestly, it's about 3 months away from ordering a 2017 and Ford has yet to release any teasers/press info on a 2017 Taurus. It's unlikely it will be the Fusion chassis design, but who knows.

The green SHO in the above pics is Guard Metallic, found on the 2015-up Mustang, and I believe I saw them on the Edge and Explorer as well. Most people (along with me) see the Guard color as a light grey, or a greyish green under the sun. It's not as sharp of a green as Emerald Green on the new F-150. Dark Side looks green under the sun, but most people see it as black normally.

Blue Jeans seems similar to the old Deep Wedgewood Blue color that Ford had in the late 90s/early 00s.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

ShoBoat

The Taurus is the new crown vic, it will probably remain the same for some time to come. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Fusion Sport will be able to do. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.