• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 North American Taurus

Started by SwampRat, April 23, 2015, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

I'd love a set of the wheels in the artist conception of the 2017 Taurus.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Gjkrisa

Quote from: shoman04 on June 13, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
Quote from: SwampRat on May 17, 2015, 06:50:05 PM
Nicely modified Chinese version artist rendition , Fords one World Platform                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2016-ford-taurus-get-the-rs-treatment-in-unofficial-rendering/
SIGN ME UP FOR ONE. My local dealer/salesman said that 2016/17 SHO may have a 2.7L V6tt (340-350Hp) and/or DETUNE 3.8L V6tt out of FORD GT-40 (600HP IN IT). Given Lincoln a Cadillac-V fighter, and Ford SHO 2.7L-TT vs 5.7L R//T and FORD SHO-RS 3.8L-tt vs 6.2L-SRT8 Charger. The 3.8L is already going in the F-150. This salesman is the dealership Commercial/Fleet salesman. This is how he knows about the 3.8L in F-150.
I would also love to see this version of the sho
Taurus RS? With manual 6 speed engine cyclone variable turbo that's the sho I want with an eco and drift mode
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

bpd1151

I spy Brembo's in that rendition of the blue SHO.

A detuned 3.8 potential, huh?

Things that make you go hhmmmm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jtoddk98

So is Ford officially going to end production of the Taurus? I haven't heard anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: jtoddk98 on September 26, 2016, 08:19:23 PM
So is Ford officially going to end production of the Taurus? I haven't heard anything...

Everything I have read tags the Fusion Sport as it's replacement. Sad :-(
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

bpd1151

I was told yes, by several employees of FMC.

But that info was end of Spring, beginning of (this) past Summer.

Somebody has claimed recently, that they were allegedly able to order what is supposedly being touted/labeled as a 2017.

So who knows at this current juncture. Time will tell I guess, right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

metroplex

2017 Taurus order banks are already open, no changes from what I have read.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

Brucelinc

The Taurus is very much alive for 2017.

jtoddk98

Aw man, they got rid of the multi contour seats! So is the Taurus ever going to get redesigned for the USA market, or will 2017 be the last of the Taurus (I'd be sad)

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver