• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 North American Taurus

Started by SwampRat, April 23, 2015, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Article with more recent exterior spy shots .......                                                                                                                                                                                               

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1504-2016-ford-taurus-prototype-spied-in-detroit/#photogallery
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Ephet

Hard to fully make out that interior and i think thats a navigation knob, but it looks like it column shift.
SHO, SHO, SHO your boat gently down the road...

IHeartGroceries

Don't know, but that knob may actually be the gear selector, as opposed to a command center for the infotainment/nav. Looks like an electronic parking brake switch there behind it.

Is it just me, or does the car still appear too damn large?

Hope they were able to free up some interior space, to make it more proportionate to the gargantuan exterior dimensions.
2013 SHO PP

glock-coma

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on May 17, 2015, 01:48:40 AM
Don't know, but that knob may actually be the gear selector, as opposed to a command center for the infotainment/nav. Looks like an electronic parking brake switch there behind it.

Is it just me, or does the car still appear too damn large?

Hope they were able to free up some interior space, to make it more proportionate to the gargantuan exterior dimensions.
A lot of the exterior dimensions are large to obtain certain  crash test rating.  The trunk for example, its about 20 cuft.
But that was needed to pass police standards for rear impacts. I really hope we see some of this aluminum that for is using. Best of both worlds. 

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost 3bar
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

IHeartGroceries

A well engineered auto doesn't require tons of empty space for crumple zone. It's just an act of dissipating energy from a collision around the cabin structure.

The Taurus performs and scores very well in safety tests. But there are many more vehicles which are substantially smaller, lighter and have less wasted space than the Taurus, which perform better.
2013 SHO PP

glock-coma

Agreed. I did some reading. I didn't realize the Taurus rear legroom is 0.2 cuft smaller than the fusion.  Mind blown...
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ShoBoat

After we got rained out we went to the Ford museum, across the street is the dev centre. Lots of camouflaged cars and trucks in the parking lot. I wanted to see this one but no luck. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SwampRat

Nicely modified Chinese version artist rendition , Fords one World Platform                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2016-ford-taurus-get-the-rs-treatment-in-unofficial-rendering/
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

shoman04

Quote from: SwampRat on May 17, 2015, 06:50:05 PM
Nicely modified Chinese version artist rendition , Fords one World Platform                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2016-ford-taurus-get-the-rs-treatment-in-unofficial-rendering/
SIGN ME UP FOR ONE. My local dealer/salesman said that 2016/17 SHO may have a 2.7L V6tt (340-350Hp) and/or DETUNE 3.8L V6tt out of FORD GT-40 (600HP IN IT). Given Lincoln a Cadillac-V fighter, and Ford SHO 2.7L-TT vs 5.7L R//T and FORD SHO-RS 3.8L-tt vs 6.2L-SRT8 Charger. The 3.8L is already going in the F-150. This salesman is the dealership Commercial/Fleet salesman. This is how he knows about the 3.8L in F-150.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

FoMoCoSHO

shoman04

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 13, 2015, 06:30:00 PM
Nice to see you around shoman!
Thanks! I have been so go go go that I have not had time to be on any the forums I am a member of.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

Scott13SHO

On another forum I belong to, the Taurus's future is very murky at this point in time....this isn't the 2016 Taurus for North America...its the one being built in China. The 2016 NA Taurus is carry over of the current car going into production January 2016.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58914-2016-taurus/

With that said, if we don't see a version of the new Taurus at the LAIAS or NAIAS in January, I'd be very afraid of whats going on.
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

ShoBoat

Quote from: Scott13SHO on June 17, 2015, 10:38:42 AM
On another forum I belong to, the Taurus's future is very murky at this point in time....this isn't the 2016 Taurus for North America...its the one being built in China. The 2016 NA Taurus is carry over of the current car going into production January 2016.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58914-2016-taurus/

With that said, if we don't see a version of the new Taurus at the LAIAS or NAIAS in January, I'd be very afraid of whats going on.

I dunno but I think that's the same as the current model lol. I guess us in North America aren't special enough to get the new one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

markssho

I corner the Ford and Ford Performance guys every chance I get to try to get something out of them.
The last chat I had with a guy from the new performance group was, "I can't say anything, but, just hold on..." and with a wink and a grin, he walked away.
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC