• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installed H&R Springs-2014PP

Started by 11BLKFX4EB, April 14, 2015, 01:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11BLKFX4EB

Finally had a chance to install my H&R's this past weekend. I want to send a huge thank you to all the guys who contributed in the "How-To" section. The 2014's are extremely easy. I've installed springs on 3 other cars so I have some experience, but I was pleasantly surprised on this car.
The rear took me about an hour.

The front were a little more involved but still easy to do. Unlike the 2010-12(?) there is no need to remove the lower control arm nut or loosen the axle nut.

Before and after pics here. I absolutely LOVE the stance!!
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

Frozen Taurus

There is nothing worse looking on our cars than the monster truck stance they have ...can't wait to get my Megan coilover kit on
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

SHO-Time

2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

11BLKFX4EB

Frozen-yes, I 100% agree!

SHO-Time-Thanks. I didn't notice much of a difference in ride quality. Its a little rough but the PP springs were rough already. Definitely feels stiffer around the corners. I really like it.

SHO-Time

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on April 14, 2015, 01:48:32 PM

SHO-Time-Thanks. I didn't notice much of a difference in ride quality. Its a little rough but the PP springs were rough already. Definitely feels stiffer around the corners. I really like it.

Nice. Springs are on my short list of things to do.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

SHOdded

Nice lookin' Taurus ya got there, friend!  The spring transplant was a 110% success :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: SHOdded on April 14, 2015, 01:52:13 PM
Nice lookin' Taurus ya got there, friend!  The spring transplant was a 110% success :thumb:
Thanks SHOdded!

Too bad the garage is a mess! That's next on my list.....after the Corsa catback and downpipes or meth inj. Cant make up my mind!

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: SHO-Time on April 14, 2015, 01:50:43 PM
Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on April 14, 2015, 01:48:32 PM

Nice. Springs are on my short list of things to do.
Well worth it!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC

Quote from: Frozen Taurus on April 14, 2015, 01:27:02 PM
There is nothing worse looking on our cars than the monster truck stance they have ...can't wait to get my Megan coilover kit on
Waiting on fitment for the '13+...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOnUup

Looks fantastic. These things do look like tanks next to most cars with the ride height.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

I must truly say it looks dam good,didnt read the whole post but based on the pics figured those have to be before and after pics,enjoy.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

11BLKFX4EB

Thanks fellas! I just fell in love all over again! Lol

jtoddk98

Looks awesome. Next on my to do list on my 11. Does anyone know a price range that I could expect to pay at a shop? I'm too afraid to be doing any major wrenching on my car lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

11BLKFX4EB

Dont be afraid to do it, its not that bad. But if you decide to go to a shop, don't pay more that $400-450....IMO.
Its a 4 hour job and most shops charge about $85-100/hr.

Good luck!