• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installed H&R Springs-2014PP

Started by 11BLKFX4EB, April 14, 2015, 01:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-Time

@ 11BLKFX4EB...Totally separate topic. Did you have your brake calipers powder-coated?
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: SHO-Time on April 16, 2015, 11:08:43 AM
@ 11BLKFX4EB...Totally separate topic. Did you have your brake calipers powder-coated?
No, I used the Dupli-Color red caliper paint. 3 coats brushed on. Then I used the VHT high temp black spray paint on the brackets.
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

SHO-Time

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on April 16, 2015, 11:55:32 AM
Quote from: SHO-Time on April 16, 2015, 11:08:43 AM
No, I used the Dupli-Color red caliper paint. 3 coats brushed on. Then I used the VHT high temp black spray paint on the brackets.

Gotcha. I'm thinking I might purchase some front & rear calipers from Tasca parts and then send them out to powder-coat to match the blue in the Ford logo.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

11BLKFX4EB

So I took the car to Ford for the 4 wheel alignment on Thurs. When I picked it up (after hours), pulling out and turning the wheel, I heard a creaking/squeaking sound. It doesn't happen much while driving, that I notice, more so when I'm sitting and I turn the wheel. Sounds like is coming from the driver side.
Any ideas?

CroR1

make sure that all was seated properly after the springs and struts install. make sure all bolts are torqued to specs/tight. my guess is movement in the strut mount/spring causing it to squeak when you steer.

11BLKFX4EB

Thanks Cror. Only did it AFTER I got it back from the dealer and the alignment.

If I have the car on and stand outside the car and turn the wheel, it doesnt make any noise. If I'm sitting in the car and turn the wheel, I can hear the creaking/squeaking....

SHOdded

I'd take a closer look at the strut mounts as s1korr suggested, obviously the problem is showing up under load, and I am sure also when cornering.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

11BLKFX4EB

guys, Ive gone through everything and I cannot figure out what that squeaking/creaking noise is! Its driving me crazy! Any ideas? It wasnt making any noise when I first put the springs in and drove it for 2 days. I took it to the dealer and upon return, the noise is there. thoughts? TIA

11BLKFX4EB

Have any of you noticed that when reinstalling the top plate on the strut and tightening down the nut, the spring is still a bit "loose" in there? It doesnt compress down until the weight of the car is on it.
Is that normal?

Jtrain

Give us pictures again in a week or two when the settle down.
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

68_GT

I had H&R's on my G35 and loved them too. They get the ride height perfect.

You need tail light tint :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

ShoBoat

^^+1 Also ensure that the bearing at the top is clean and has plenty of lube. The squeak you hear is coming from the seats. If the bearing is dirty or the rubber seats are also dirty it will make some noise. I had a similar issue. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: 68_GT on April 30, 2015, 08:45:55 PM

Yes, tail light tint is next. I hate my tails....

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 01, 2015, 08:47:42 AM
^^+1 Also ensure that the bearing at the top is clean and has plenty of lube. The squeak you hear is coming from the seats. If the bearing is dirty or the rubber seats are also dirty it will make some noise. I had a similar issue. 

What bearing are you referring to? It does sound like the squeak is coming from the boot itself. When I installed the new springs, the top plate was barely touching the top of the spring until I let the car down. Then the weight of the car seemed to bring that down.
Not sure what I need to lube....TIA

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on May 04, 2015, 01:34:03 PM
Quote from: 68_GT on April 30, 2015, 08:45:55 PM

Yes, tail light tint is next. I hate my tails....

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 01, 2015, 08:47:42 AM

What bearing are you referring to? It does sound like the squeak is coming from the boot itself. When I installed the new springs, the top plate was barely touching the top of the spring until I let the car down. Then the weight of the car seemed to bring that down.
Not sure what I need to lube....TIA

They upper strut mount has a bearing in it. If it binds when loaded it will cause the spring to chatter (squeak). Also if the upper and lower mounts are dirty or the spring is not seated it can cause the same effect. I when through this with mine.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.