• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installed H&R Springs-2014PP

Started by 11BLKFX4EB, April 14, 2015, 01:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11BLKFX4EB

Getting back to this.....I replied to another post here about the same creaking noise another member is having. I'm wondering if the issue is the strut top actually rubbing on the strut tower itself. I pulled the rubber grommet and it looks like that may be the case. Anyone else have the same problem? I'm ready to rip these things out and go back to stock. Its driving me nuts
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

pejohnson

Same issue here. More of a creak than a squeak for me. I believe the spring coating is sticking to the rubber tower boot causing the sound. I can't hear it under hood. I will be applying some grease to the contact points and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

11BLKFX4EB

Yes more of a creak here too. When u installed your springs, did you notice that the spring still had some movement even after installing the top plate and tightening it? The only way it wouldn't mover was when it was under load. You think that noise is the top and bottom rubber around the spring?

CroR1

Apply some rubber lubricant. They sell them at auto parts stores, such as silicone spray/lubricant. I think liquid wrench is the brand.

pejohnson

I had my springs on for around 5,000 miles before they started creaking.  I would assume the top is creaking.

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on June 01, 2015, 06:41:27 PM
Yes more of a creak here too. When u installed your springs, did you notice that the spring still had some movement even after installing the top plate and tightening it? The only way it wouldn't mover was when it was under load. You think that noise is the top and bottom rubber around the spring?
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: cror1 on June 02, 2015, 12:04:33 AM
Apply some rubber lubricant. They sell them at auto parts stores, such as silicone spray/lubricant. I think liquid wrench is the brand.
I picked up some PB Blaster white lithium grease I'm going to try and applying to the top rubber boot. I'm assuming to apply to both sides or just the section where the spring meets the rubber boot?

ZSHO

It would of been great if the coilovers were available for the 13+SHO,knowing that the rear shocks are a very weak point for our cars,due to the rear shocks leaking,maybe it explains why they were on back order sometime ago,makes you wonder if anyone with a 10-12 SHO have the same issues.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

I've had mine on for 2 summers now and they do not make any noise. I do have 2 sets of complete struts. One for spring, summer fall and one for winter with the oem springs. I clean them every time I swap them out. Never had any issues since I did this set up.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on June 02, 2015, 08:48:40 AM
Quote from: cror1 on June 02, 2015, 12:04:33 AM
I picked up some PB Blaster white lithium grease I'm going to try and applying to the top rubber boot. I'm assuming to apply to both sides or just the section where the spring meets the rubber boot?
You can always try to pinpoint where the sound is coming from,agree with Cror1 by using a lubricant and you can start by spraying a section at a time,could be coming from the top of the rear sock tower,take a look atb this diagram if it helps any.  Z     http://parts.lakelandford.com/images/parts/motor/fullsize/FU1100.png

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

whitltng

the noise might just be the spring moving..
if you have the springs out next time try wrapping the first coil with heat shrink tubing (for electric wiring)

all lowering springs will move if your not running a lowering shock

Nasty93

I LOVE my springs, and its enough of a difference for people to ask me if its lowered.
I dont even care about the better cornering aspect, i did it 100% for the looks

and it looks killer, everyone should do it imo
2013 SHO PP - Unleashed Tune/3 bar /Magnaflow Catback /1 Step colder plugs/H&R springs/Cold Air/Caliper Covers

1993 Z28 88mm Turbo - street car

whitltng

Anyone knows if this happens with other springs?

ShoBoat

There aren't many choices out there. I think H&R is the only one for the 13+ right now.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: whitltng on August 22, 2015, 09:35:56 PM
Anyone knows if this happens with other springs?
The Eibachs on my old 2013 were quiet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ShoBoat on August 22, 2015, 10:59:51 PM
There aren't many choices out there. I think H&R is the only one for the 13+ right now.

Correct except for the random leftover Eibachs that surface from time to time.