• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Shifting points on a '14 Sho

Started by CroR1, October 16, 2014, 08:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CroR1

I have a question for those that took their shos to the drag strip. I am wondering how far do you let the rpms raise before you shift to the next gear, from 1st-2nd/2nd-3rd/3rd-4th, and if you hit the 5th gear in a 1/4 mile? I just recently started getting familiar with this car, and I do not want to hit the limiter. I'm sure most of you know the feeling of having the nose down(of the car) at the redline. Not pretty, therefore, where do these cars shine in the rpm level to get the most out of them? And, I should probably add, I am completely stock. But do comment if you are tuned, just please state so.

SHOnUup

Let the computer do the shifting. Can't beat it.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

CroR1

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 16, 2014, 08:50:32 PM
Let the computer do the shifting. Can't beat it.

Rich

seriously, it'll go all the way to the redline and shift on its own? I assume it has to be in S position? So what is the purpose of the paddle shifter then? Sorry this is my first automatic, I have too many questions.

SHOnUup

Thought the same too after reading on how the car does it better than we can. I use paddles only when racing from a roll so I'm in a good gear instead of getting the hesitation.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

CroR1

So what's  the trick, keeping the gas paddle to the floor and never let off? tell me more, the whole story, lol, from start to finish...

SHOnUup

Brake boost at 2200 rpm's and then take the skinny happy pedal and try to push it through the floor...lol

Rich

CroR1

brake and throttle to 2200 rpms is safe? I think I read somewhere that 1800 rpms was the limit...

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

CroR1

Thank you fellas. and lastly, it should be in D, not S? I should probably read the manual as I thought first that S stood for sport and manual shifting, but now it sounds more like slower driving??

ZSHO

Quote from: cror1 on October 16, 2014, 09:35:35 PM
Thank you fellas. and lastly, it should be in D, not S? I should probably read the manual as I thought first that S stood for sport and manual shifting, but now it sounds more like slower driving??
It really depends if your car is tuned or not and what type of tune you have,some tunes really benefit the car in sport mode,for stock would keep it in D.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

No sport mode knowledge here.

Rich

SHOnUup

S for slower, haha. My son loves R/T for readily taken

Rich

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 16, 2014, 10:03:50 PM
No sport mode knowledge here.

Rich
IF you had a unleashed tune you would know the benefits datalogging and achieve the full benefits in s-mode,lol ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

I may have to get this tuner for myself then, I read some good things about it. Well, I'll get to know this car as it's going to be my winter car.

CroR1

do we benefit from running 93 in this car? I'll have to look into that ethanol mixture as well. what psi do you run in the tires?