• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sport Mode in 2013 PP SHO

Started by BMC10SEC50, October 02, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkeblaitis

i get the same exact thing as jmr061
2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

crashnburn

My car DOES NOT display the sport mode message on the left info screen. My vin number and build date are in the 2nd photo.
2013 SHO PP, No Mods Yet...

jmr061

The response....go see your dealer. I'll bite my tongue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

So who is gonna be first to go to the dealer with this issue?

Jason
16 Edge Sport

BMC10SEC50

My buddy from the dealer spoke with some people and they are saying it might be a gauge cluster issue. Once I'm done going to the track, it's going in to be checked.

PS- Ran my car last night and even though the dash isn't saying I'm in Sport Mode, I tried it anyway. Well, I had the best two 60 foot times ever so I think it's working even though the message doesn't show when you hit the button twice.

1.820 and 1.783
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

jmr061

Correct the message won't display but the traction light in the right side is on indicating it is on. We need the message so we know what setting we are in.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

Quote from: BMC10SEC50 on October 11, 2014, 12:34:47 PM
My buddy from the dealer spoke with some people and they are saying it might be a gauge cluster issue. Once I'm done going to the track, it's going in to be checked.

PS- Ran my car last night and even though the dash isn't saying I'm in Sport Mode, I tried it anyway. Well, I had the best two 60 foot times ever so I think it's working even though the message doesn't show when you hit the button twice.

1.820 and 1.783

It's a software issue with IPC aka instrument panel cluster programming. They need to make a programming fix. If the slim chance of it actually being hardware then they will need to replace lots of clusters.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

meleetch

Mine is the same way.

Build date 04/14/2012

Hope they fix this someday.

jmr061

My car goes into the dealer tomorrow for several issues and this IPC issue is one of them.

I will let everyone know how it turns out.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

SHOdded

Best of luck, Jason, hope it all goes perfectly!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Not having pp on the 2013, I totally forgot about this.....It does work on the 2015, even while moving.

jmr061

It has been dropped off and i showed them what it doesn't display so hopefully they will contact ford and cross your fingers.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

Mac98SHO

Mine doesn't display Sport Mode when activated either, huh I always wondered about that.  Though I know the different modes still work... tested on BIR race course back in 2012. Sport mode is kind of nice... it will let you slide rear out a little more before activating.  I had experienced this in the last corner on the track, in normal and in Sport.  Since the car had 2K on the clock... I never shut it completely off....... it was raining and the car was new....and I was used to driving a Mustang on road courses. (or just plain chicken...lol)
2013 SHO w/Performance Package (Tuxedo Black)
Air Raid Intake
X-pipe with Stock Mufflers
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

jmr061

Just got back from picking up my car...yes 2 weeks at the dealer.

AdvanceTrak display issue....ignored even though I showed them the problem personally.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

CroR1

Sounds like what my dealer did to me when I told them about the awd display.