• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sport Mode in 2013 PP SHO

Started by BMC10SEC50, October 02, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmr061

So far from the cars that have the message display versus those that don't it appears to be a manufacture date issue.  Job 1 (first production run) doesn't show the message and Job 2 does.

I am asking that members with the PP send me the following from the IPC engineering mode:

Pressing and holding the left "OK" button for five seconds while starting the vehicle gets the IPC into engineering mode.  Then use the left pad up and down arrows to toggle to different displays on the left side of the IPC.  There should be one that lists part no, core, Cal# and ECU software.  Could you give me the numbers from those.  Provide your VIN number and whether or not yours displays the advancetrac sport mode message.

Thanks
Jason
16 Edge Sport

PokerMunkee

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

JMR76

2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

jmr061

Def pattern showing up with this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

This appears to be a programming/software issues with the early (possibly all job 1 SHOs). Anyone know a contact at ford to pass this along too?

Maybe the Livernois guys might know?

Jason
16 Edge Sport

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 03, 2014, 10:22:15 PM
All I have to do to turn off AdvanceTrak is hit 100 MPH....
I've hit 140 almost every night this last week and never once had it turn off advance trak lol. Wonder why mine doesn't. I had really bad traction that I couldn't drive around, till torrie worked it out.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

BMC10SEC50

WAS- that's not the issue we're concerned with.

If anyone has any Ford contacts please let us know so maybe we can address this issue.
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

PokerMunkee

Post info up on FordTaurus.net.  Ford has customer service reps that monitor the forums who can submit a case. 
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

jmr061

I sent them a PM. Generally their response is contact ur dealer but I expressed my concern in doing that and that I am much better versed in the issue than the dealer ever would be

Jason
16 Edge Sport

BMC10SEC50

-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

jmr061

It has been read but not replied to yet

Jason
16 Edge Sport

crashnburn

Ugh!!! I spent hours trying to get my cluster to say sport mode when I got mine new 2 years ago.

For the record, mine is doing the same as discussed above. It never says sport mode.

I will update the thread with my engineering data after work.
2013 SHO PP, No Mods Yet...

PokerMunkee

I am able to get mine into AdvanceTrac Sport Mode while driving.  It works when going under 45mph.  Don't even have to hit the brakes.
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

jmr061

Quote from: PokerMunkee on October 07, 2014, 04:51:42 PM
I am able to get mine into AdvanceTrac Sport Mode while driving.  It works when going under 45mph.  Don't even have to hit the brakes.
Must be nice to have the right software in ur IPC

Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

And I have to say it's an educated guess that our early ones are actually going into as the traction symbol in the right stays lit it's just we don't get the message on the left. After I hit it twice quick and believe I am in sport mode, I hit the button to turn it off and the message advancetrack on pops up on the left.

Jason
16 Edge Sport