• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

**CANCELLED*****ATTENTION*** Tail of the Dragon Get Together

Started by SHO-TYM, August 05, 2014, 09:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Torsen

Still not sure if I will make it, but I'm working on it.

SHO-TYM

alright, I sent a message out to all that have said they are going to either try and make it, or have said that they are going to make it.  Check your inboxes.  If you didn't get a message from me, and you would like to join our trip on Sept 20th, then shoot me a PM so I can get an accurate list.  Thanks guys!  It's gonna be a fun time.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHO-TYM

I also found out why there aren't any rooms available to rent for that weekend..... There is a massive group of Honda Civics, and Ford ST's coming that weekend..... SO! We can look forward to having some fun with the little rice burners! haha. Here is the link to the Dragon website: http://www.tailofthedragon.com/calendar.html
gonna be a busy day up there, but, we can make a couple runs through the Dragon, and then head over to the Cherohala Skyway (aka high speed dragon)
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHO-TYM

ok.... so I received one reply to all the private messeges I sent out to people that said they were "in" or "maybe in".  I have now had 0 people tell me they are coming.  If this is something you all don't want to do, then just let me know.  I don't want to try and set anything up with the photographer if nobody is going to show up.  I just need some feedback from the people that said they were coming.  I honestly don't know if anyone is coming or not.  Again, the date is September the 20th on a Saturday. 
Road & Track Article

peppelepugh

2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

ShoBoat

I would love to go, but I just can't make it at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOnUup

I was unsuccessful at convincing my better half that this would be fun for her birthday (the 21st). Even said she could drive(scary as that sounds she's pretty decent). This is on the bucket list for the near future though. Thanks for your effort in this and I hope some can get out there to experience it.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

**UPDATE 09/03/2014**
Due to not getting much response back from members, this event has been cancelled.
Road & Track Article

SHOdded

Hope this get-together happens soon!  Thanks for taking the lead, SHO-TYM :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Sorry SHO-Tym, we've had a pretty drastic life change recently. Maybe we could set something up for spring of 15. Although I bet the run is awesome in the fall...

shoman04

Quote from: SHO-TYM on September 03, 2014, 11:09:20 AM
**UPDATE 09/03/2014**
Due to not getting much response back from members, this event has been cancelled.

Sorry I could not confirm before. The wife will be having her knee replace Tuesday. I would not have know until the WED before the run. Hope WE can make another soon!
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SHOdded

Torsen

We need to get this rescheduled.  Unfortunately, I have a business trip on the 20th, so I would not have been able to make it, so I am glad you cancelled it.  I was thinking about driving up there this weekend, but my kids are coming here instead.  They are both seniors at UT, graduating in December.

Woody

I haven't been around in a while.  I did this many moons ago in my WRX.  That road is a blast!  Scheduling is tough for me to say the least.  That weekend would not have worked.  I will try to keep an eye out for another attempt!