• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

So I paid the $9.99 for the "extended" diagnostics for the Cmax...

I wasn't expecting much and got way more than I expected...

It can read the pids for all the networks (There are 3 in the cmax) and all the modules connected.

Data overload!

FoMoCoSHO

So the CMAX is rated at 42 MPG.

Put together a dashboard so I could see what is going on with the Hybrid system.

Added 1.5 gallons of corn on first fillup yesterday. (92 Octane the cheap way)

Gauges helped return best so far of 48.5 MPG last night which is pretty impressive since the corn should have dropped it a bit.

FoMoCoSHO

No one should discount the importance of proper gauges and diagnostic capabilities when driving an Ecoboost.

Proper gauges alerted me to a serious problem brewing in the Lincoln which led to the entire timing assembly, pcv, and water pump being replaced under warranty.

Very helpful as I was able to inform the tech of specific misbehavior. Made it very easy for him to reproduce...concern verified. Had I not been alerted, disaster was sure to ensue. I had planned to replace the water pump on my own dime but tech discovered shaft play so that was taken care of as well.

Lincoln is MUCH better to deal with than Ford on warranty issues. No push back whatsoever, they wanted the car handled and handled right. The Mrs tells me that is normal when she's dealing with Lincoln vs Ford. Definitely something to consider when deciding which to purchase.

glock-coma

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 28, 2018, 03:22:47 AM
Working on a nite time dashboard...

The digi gauge under AFR is commanded AFR.

The colors compliment the main gauges and the NAV screen.
Do you have a file for this gauge layout you want to share?
I wouldn't be against tossing some $ your way for the effort.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on May 17, 2018, 02:54:46 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 28, 2018, 03:22:47 AM
Working on a nite time dashboard...

The digi gauge under AFR is commanded AFR.

The colors compliment the main gauges and the NAV screen.
Do you have a file for this gauge layout you want to share?
I wouldn't be against tossing some $ your way for the effort.
Check your Email...

I've considered charging for layouts but I need a couple of test vehicles to work through any snags.

The PIDS become tricky with different strategies but I don't think its anything that can't be worked through, thanks to EcoboostSho and his awesome PID thread

glock-coma

Ok. I'll probably have time to play with this later today .
I'll report back with any issues
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

lamrith

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 17, 2018, 02:42:20 PM
No one should discount the importance of proper gauges and diagnostic capabilities when driving an Ecoboost.

Proper gauges alerted me to a serious problem brewing in the Lincoln which led to the entire timing assembly, pcv, and water pump being replaced under warranty.

Very helpful as I was able to inform the tech of specific misbehavior. Made it very easy for him to reproduce...concern verified. Had I not been alerted, disaster was sure to ensue. I had planned to replace the water pump on my own dime but tech discovered shaft play so that was taken care of as well.
Interesting, what were you monitoring and what did you see that prompted the concern and trip to dealer?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: lamrith on May 17, 2018, 03:32:19 PM

Interesting, what were you monitoring and what did you see that prompted the concern and trip to dealer?
KR, big events right off idle only (+7)

lamrith

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 17, 2018, 03:34:12 PM
Quote from: lamrith on May 17, 2018, 03:32:19 PM

KR, big events right off idle only (+7)
Good to know!  Thanks!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

FoMoCoSHO

Got a new android phone so I wanted to test the export function from my tab to phone... Worked perfectly.

One thing I learned, you have to connect to the car before it creates the proper files to drop the exported file into.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!