• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbouvia

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I wanted to thank FoMoCoSho for the amazing layout which imports perfectly into the OBDLink software. I was literally looking around the board to see if anyone used this software as it looks real similar to torque. FoMoCo have you data logged with this at all?
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Sbouvia on March 03, 2017, 07:31:01 PM
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I wanted to thank FoMoCoSho for the amazing layout which imports perfectly into the OBDLink software. I was literally looking around the board to see if anyone used this software as it looks real similar to torque. FoMoCo have you data logged with this at all?
No, I only trust SCT for logging, with DMR's if possible with your strategy.

I do like pretty gauges though, lol.

lamrith

Just loaded OBDlink up after receiving my obd2MX.

Question I have is I am using a retired S5active for my display.  However it looks like the only way to import a dash is to have it on external phone memory?  Not built in?  Can anyone clarify that?  It is saying files must be in storage/emulated/0 and I do not see those directories in built in memory.  :-/
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: lamrith on April 28, 2017, 10:55:29 PM

Question I have is I am using a retired S5active for my display.  However it looks like the only way to import a dash is to have it on external phone memory?  Not built in?  Can anyone clarify that?  It is saying files must be in storage/emulated/0 and I do not see those directories in built in memory.  :-/
You maybe able to use app/sd transfer tool to get that app on external memory

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

lamrith

Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 28, 2017, 11:09:37 PM
Quote from: lamrith on April 28, 2017, 10:55:29 PM

You maybe able to use app/sd transfer tool to get that app on external memory

Problem is I do not have external memory chip for this phone, I would like to put everything on internal memory.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Gjkrisa

Use esfile explorer or an app you can find hidden files

Gjkrisa

Oh yeah I believe it just goes in the main folder everything else is in like your download folder pictures and all that.

lamrith

Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 28, 2017, 11:15:23 PM
Use esfile explorer or an app you can find hidden files

That worked thanks!

Next questions is what if anything do you all do when turning car on/off, do you leave the tablet/phone on all the time?

Gjkrisa

I use my main phone I would guess most people that use a dedicated device leave it plugged in and on.
torque will go into standby when it doesn't see a connection and put the obdlink to sleep.

lamrith

I will not be running torque, am running obdlink app using fomocosho's dash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

So....resolution in the 2011 is much better the the 13 or 15. I think it might be faster than the X4.

So who likes shiny lights?

AJP turbo

This is captain's log star date 654.3.2.75 broadcasting this electronic message from planet Vulcan....This man is a nerd....LOL it looks good....I think I'll be copying you sometime in the future and asking you for the layout files or at least details on how to build my own.

Nice job I likey.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ecoboostsho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 08, 2018, 03:34:44 AM
So....resolution in the 2011 is much better the the 13 or 15. I think it might be faster than the X4.

That looks great!  I'm still using OBDLink for just driving around gauges.  I tried Torque recently to see if its resolution had gotten any better and - no - definitely not! Based on the timestamps I still get about twice the resolution on my X4 then I do with the OBDLink software (Using the MX adapter) so you must be doing really good!  I think keeping the # of gauges down is key.  Weird that the 2011 is that much faster.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 08, 2018, 10:39:38 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 08, 2018, 03:34:44 AM

That looks great!  I'm still using OBDLink for just driving around gauges.  I tried Torque recently to see if its resolution had gotten any better and - no - definitely not! Based on the timestamps I still get about twice the resolution on my X4 then I do with the OBDLink software (Using the MX adapter) so you must be doing really good!  I think keeping the # of gauges down is key.  Weird that the 2011 is that much faster.
I think there is a lot more going on in the 13+ canbus

FoMoCoSHO

Working on a nite time dashboard...

The digi gauge under AFR is commanded AFR.

The colors compliment the main gauges and the NAV screen.