• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO doors wont unlock by just touching the handle

Started by 65460, December 20, 2013, 06:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just noticed that the doors on the SHO wont open by touch 95% of the time. Key FOB and using the code on the door work fine. Any ideas, or do I make  trip to the dealer?
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

BiGMaC

Here's the "trick" ... at least with a 2013.

To open you must touch the inside of the handle (like you were going to grab it to open the door)

To lock it just touch the rectangular sensor near the hinge on the outside (only).  I use my thumb.... if you grab the handle to lock it confuses the car.

The "just touch" doesn't seem to arm the alarm.

Hope this helps.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC, Thanks, but its been working just fine until yesterday. So Ive been doing it correctly. All of a sudden its just doesn't want to open.

Boy you don't know how much these cars spoil you until something small like the door not opening when you touch it REALLY annoys you.
I actually have to use the key FOB to open the door!!! :-)
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

BiGMaC

Quote from: 65460 on December 20, 2013, 08:06:03 PM
BiGMaC, Thanks, but its been working just fine until yesterday. So Ive been doing it correctly. All of a sudden its just doesn't want to open.

Boy you don't know how much these cars spoil you until something small like the door not opening when you touch it REALLY annoys you.
I actually have to use the key FOB to open the door!!! :-)

True.... They do spoil us!  :thumbsup: I did have a day where the locking didn't seem to work.  So I started it and then shut it off for 10-15 minutes and restarted it... then things seemed fine.  My idea was to force reboot the CPU without disconnecting the battery.. maybe it's just witchcraft!  LOL :velho:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Tried both FOBs locking and unlocking it, tried using the number pad on the door. I even tried swearing at it. Nothing seemed to work.
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

BiGMaC

If no one else has any ideas I'd go see the dealer. 

That will probably fix it before you get there! :x:

geswek

I'm starting to have the same problem.

Mine is progressing worse; I get the "no key detected" a lot--my remote start will sometimes just freeze and not start car. I have to unlock, lock, then double tap start button.

I'll eventually see the dealer--

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on December 20, 2013, 08:57:25 PM
I'm starting to have the same problem.

Mine is progressing worse; I get the "no key detected" a lot--my remote start will sometimes just freeze and not start car. I have to unlock, lock, then double tap start button.

I'll eventually see the dealer--

Does the remote problem just happen? or is it only when it's in alarm mode?  I noticed that if I have it alarmed I have to unlock and put it in simple lock mode to remote start... the "no key detected has to be a weak fob battery or a vehicle sensor fault.

geswek

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 20, 2013, 09:04:04 PM
Does the remote problem just happen? or is it only when it's in alarm mode?  I noticed that if I have it alarmed I have to unlock and put it in simple lock mode to remote start... the "no key detected has to be a weak fob battery or a vehicle sensor fault.

There's an alarm mode? LOL -- eh it's hit or miss; sometimes it works just fine, other times it freezes.

As for the no key; I don't know--I've had my car since May 2013; be surprised the battery is dead that fast. I don't even know how to get to the dang battery in fob.

The door handle thing pisses me off a lot. I reach behind it like I'm going to grab it and sometimes it unlocks; others it doesn't. That could be my battery--hell maybe the battery is weak already.

The lock pad sensor is flawless; it'll lock with my butt cheek touching it LOL.

BiGMaC

When it gets warmer i'll have to try the butt cheek thing!  LOL

Page 60....2013 Taurus Owners Guide gf, 3rd Printing, December 2012 USA (fus)

Intelligent Access Transmitter
1. Remove the backup key from the transmitter.
2. Twist a thin coin under the tab hidden behind the backup key head (where the keyring loops through) to remove the battery cover. Do not use the backup key to remove the cover or you could damage the intelligent access key.
3. Remove the old battery.
Keys and Remote Control   
4. Insert a new battery with the + facing downward. Press the battery down to make sure it is fully in the housing.
5. Snap the battery cover back onto the transmitter and install the backup key.

Page   63
The remote start system will not work if:
• the ignition is on
• the alarm system is triggered
• you disable the feature
• the hood is not closed (that button is a sensor, not a switch)
• the transmission is not in P • the vehicle battery voltage is too low
• your service engine soon light is on.

geswek

Holy crap; I didn't know my car had an alarm? That makes no sense.

I've gone out to my car after working 8 hours and it's fired right up with remote start when I'm like 10 cars away from it.

What alarm are they talking about?

navbtcret

Quote from: geswek on December 20, 2013, 09:28:43 PM
Holy crap; I didn't know my car had an alarm? That makes no sense.

I've gone out to my car after working 8 hours and it's fired right up with remote start when I'm like 10 cars away from it.

What alarm are they talking about?

Pressing the lock button twice on the fob puts it in alarm mode.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

geswek

Quote from: navbtcret on December 20, 2013, 09:33:32 PM
Pressing the lock button twice on the fob puts it in alarm mode.

LOL; hmm guess I need to read manual.

I'd like to know the difference.

mjhpadi

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

Pssh, who needs directions? LOL

I'm not one to read manuals. Never have been and I've been pretty successful, haha.

Sent from a mobile, I think.