• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO doors wont unlock by just touching the handle

Started by 65460, December 20, 2013, 06:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on December 20, 2013, 09:56:56 PM
Quote from: navbtcret on December 20, 2013, 09:33:32 PM
Pressing the lock button twice on the fob puts it in alarm mode.

LOL; hmm guess I need to read manual.

I'd like to know the difference.

So... just know if you lock it and the horn sounds... your alarmed... well  maybe not, but the car will be in alarm mode ...If horn doesn't sound... just locked.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Just an update. I know a lot of times people have problems and never post how it was solved.
Well, its been two days and Santa must have sent his elves because magically the car has fixed itself!
I dont know how or why but the thing is just fine now.
Damn I hate electronics.
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

geswek

Quote from: 65460 on December 23, 2013, 06:03:39 AM
Just an update. I know a lot of times people have problems and never post how it was solved.
Well, its been two days and Santa must have sent his elves because magically the car has fixed itself!
Damn I hate electronics.

I have the same problem.

Some days it's fine and others it's a mess. It was real bad when my RX8 was parked next to it because they both operated key fobs around same frequency. If I got in either car with both sets of keys I would have a helluva time starting.

Sent from my mobile, I think.

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on December 23, 2013, 07:49:20 AM
Quote from: 65460 on December 23, 2013, 06:03:39 AM
Damn I hate electronics.

I have the same problem.

Some days it's fine and others it's a mess. It was real bad when my RX8 was parked next to it because they both operated key fobs around same frequency. If I got in either car with both sets of keys I would have a helluva time starting.

Sent from my mobile, I think.

My home entertainment system has components from 4 manufacturers. Each remote has some commands that can "crosstalk" to some other component (why I programmed it all into a single "smart" remote).  The fob is just a remote for the car. So you have to wonder if one problem might be input occasionally from the fob of another vehicle... just a thought.  :dunno:

Mac,
In my case it isnt a key FOB issue from another car. The SHO is parked between my 61 Fairlane and my 65 Galaxie :-)
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

BiGMaC

... and hopefully farther from each than the length of their doors!

I gues for now I'll say there are elves inside.  LOL

geswek

OK; I don't get it.

I hit my lock button twice; got horn.

I then waited 5 minutes and I hit "lock + remote start x 2"; car fired up.

Shouldn't it of not started in Alarm mode?

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on December 23, 2013, 03:11:17 PM
OK; I don't get it.

I think it's fine.  I usually only hit the "start" button twice.... If I'm alarmed, I find I must unlock the car and hit "lock" 1 time (to get in regular lock mode) and then start it.... sounds like you're getting it out of alarm by hitting "lock". If I'm unlocked I have to hit "lock" and then "start" 'cuz it won't remote start unless it's locked but not alarmed.

Please let me know if your method is consistently working. it's a quicker work around! I'll try it later

geswek

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 23, 2013, 03:21:26 PM
Quote from: geswek on December 23, 2013, 03:11:17 PM
OK; I don't get it.

I think it's fine.  I usually only hit the "start" button twice.... If I'm alarmed, I find I must unlock the car and hit "lock" 1 time (to get in regular lock mode) and then start it.... sounds like you're getting it out of alarm by hitting "lock". If I'm unlocked I have to hit "lock" and then "start" 'cuz it won't remote start unless it's locked but not alarmed.

Please let me know if your method is consistently working. it's a quicker work around! I'll try it later

For most part it does; and according to the little white card that came on my keys that is how we are supposed to start out car. Hit lock + remote start x 2.

I've never tried it by just hitting start twice--didn't know that worked. Now that makes me wonder if in fact putting it into alarm mode; then doing lock/start x 2 is how we actually get it out of alarm to start. That' sfunny because the salesman NEVER told me I had to hit my lock twice. I don't even touch my keys half the time beacuse of the lock button on my door. WTF; I'm not liking this. This tells me I have to pull my key out everytime to hit lock twice and alarm the car. Stupid.

BiGMaC

I agree... should be able to alarm from the door handle... then again car alarms don't get my attention much... they are such a common sound.

I used to have one with sensors that announced "you are too close to the vehicle" if any vibration occurred

geswek

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 23, 2013, 03:41:39 PM
I agree... should be able to alarm from the door handle... then again car alarms don't get my attention much... they are such a common sound.

I used to have one with sensors that announced "you are too close to the vehicle" if any vibration occurred

HAHA I remember those!!! Viper alarms;;ones you could customize.

Friend (he was retarded) had one that said "GET THE F$*@ AWAY FROM MY CAR LOSER!" and it was in his voice.

He didn't hang around us much.

BiGMaC

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 23, 2013, 03:10:21 PM
... and hopefully farther from each than the length of their doors!

I gues for now I'll say there are elves inside.  LOL

LOL!

So, like, 15 feet apart?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

dalum

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 23, 2013, 03:41:39 PM

I swear you're like my lost brother!  I did all kinds of trick stuff with dei hardware.
2013 Non-PP SHO