• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO doors wont unlock by just touching the handle

Started by 65460, December 20, 2013, 06:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1crusher

I know this thread is a bit old and got off track but I recently had my battery replaced at the dealer and I now all of the sudden cannot unlock my car by touching the door handle on the drivers side.  The passenger side still works fine but not the driver side.  I can touch it and I can hear the actuators but it sounds like it's trying to lock instead of unlock.  I didn't see any answers as to what the problem potentially is.

Guess I'll have to make yet another appointment to take it in for this now.  It's getting close to my 36k miles also, but I do have extended warranty as well.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

CroR1

off record question, when is the deadline to purchase an extended warranty? or does it have to be done when you initially buy the car?

r1crusher

I thought you could buy it anytime before your std warranty runs out but I could be wrong.
'17 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: r1crusher on March 03, 2015, 12:39:20 PM
I thought you could buy it anytime before you std warranty runs out but I could be wrong.
It will be beneficial if you setup a sig so we can assist you better,thanks,what year SHO do you.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

'17 XSport

ZSHO

If your issue started right after the battery change,everything was set to default,did you adjust the settings on the left side of the dash to open all the door locks,also if there is anything blocking that sensor on the door handle ,like snow,ice,dirt,it will not open the drivers door,only by pressing the remote button to unlock.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

I'll check the settings.  But like I said about the passenger side, I can unlock all doors by grabbing the door handle there.  I did consider the problem being related to it being dirty from having to travel several hundred miles over the past weekend in crappy NEO.  But again...the fact that things appear to work okay on the other door have me thinking it's something worse.
'17 XSport

ZSHO

If the setting are set to unlock under info,would unfortnetly make an appt at the dealer for the door handle recall,good luck and keep us updated.Z   
2013 Ford Taurus STRUCTURE:BODY:DOOR
NHTSA Campaign #15V040000
Date Announced:
JANUARY 28, 2015

Vehicles Affected:

Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2010-2013 Ford Taurus vehicles manufactured December 1, 2009, to July 31, 2010, and 2011-2013 Lincoln MKS vehicles manufactured June 1, 2011, to October 31, 2011. In the affected vehicles, the interior door handle return spring may unseat, resulting in interior door handle that does not return to the fully stowed position after actuation.

Consequence: If the interior door handle return spring is unseated, the door may unlatch in the event of a side impact crash, increasing the risk of personal injury.

Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect all four of the interior door handles and either repair or replace them, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 16, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S02. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official

BiGMaC

Definitely get the TSB done for safety.  Ford just started notifying owners so the Dealers should know about it...

Consider a weak battery in the fob if the settings Z suggests don't fix it.  I have a '13 and started getting a no key detected message intermittently.... New fob battery fixed it.  When the battery is weak it intermittently doesn't power communication with the car rather than just quitting all function.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I had my recall performed a couple of weeks ago during a routine oil change,wasnt aware that they performed the recall inspection of all the door handles until my service advisor notified me upon leaving,so essentially there are two seperate recalls pertaining to the door handles/locks. 
2013 Ford Taurus LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES
NHTSA Campaign #13V270000
Date Announced:
JUNE 26, 2013

Vehicles Affected:

Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Ford Explorer, Taurus, and Lincoln MKS vehicles manufactured November 29, 2012, through December 12, 2012. In the affected vehicles, with sufficient door openings and closings, the child safety locks may change from an activated position to a deactivated position without notice.

Consequence: If the child lock is deactivated, the door could be unlocked and opened from the inside which could lead to personal injury to an unrestrained child.

Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will test the safety locks. If necessary, the locks will be replaced free of charge. The recall began on August 2, 2013. Ford's recall number is 13S07. Owners may contact the Ford customer relationship center at 1-866-436-7332. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page

r1crusher

I'm uncertain as to why a problem with the interior door handle spring would have anything to do with the outside door handle not unlocking when touched.  But I will have them do the inspection on that as well if I need to run it into the dealer.

Thanks.
'17 XSport

ZSHO

I am only trying to help you out dude,had a few issues myself and could get fusrating,in general there are five recalls on our cars,four are safety concerns and a reptable dealer should of haved them performed while you were there for the battery,another note is do you have any door ajar on dash light up?it could also be your outside door sensor is bad and its built into the door handle assembly,pretty sure thats your issue related to the cold weather,good luck,let me know,Z.