• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OEM Sony System: Your Review

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, October 11, 2013, 11:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

setaonivek

for me, the ONLY slight disappointment i have with my 15 SHO is the Sony system.  the MKS THX system is night and day compared.  The Sony upgraded system, to me, should not be considered a premium option. 

Sure, at reasonable levels, the audio is great.  I will give it that. 

I listen to metal. I like my music loud. 

Why is it that i am at MAXIMUM VOLUME?  All. the. time .. to me, the sound/volume seems to drop off at higher levels, no distortion, no QUALITY loudness, no ringing in my ears that i should get from a premium system advertised to blow my head off.   

I do not like this.

- there are an assload of threads but i have yet to locate a wiring diagram for a 13 - 15 .. does anyone have access to one?

- i may have missed it but are there RCA's that i can connect to the LOC to? and where are they located  (Audiocontrol LC2x)

- i don't need to do sound deadening, i want good sound quality without going nutzoid .. i know this can be accomplished without spending 10k (which i have done in the past) in your collective opinions, what is a good way to go:

LOC / Amp 2x (fronts / sub) / Speaker Upgrades?

thanks ...

'15 SHO, PP, WPM

FoMoCoSHO

It rolls off the sound at high volume because 90% of the sheople driving their cars don't know the difference between loud and distortion. Ford doesn't want a bunch of warranty claims for blown speakers so they use processing as protection.

My biggest issues with the system...

Way too much midrange at the 0 setting
Rolloff at higher volume levels
needs more low end punch

Its fun to think about upgrading everything but I have no shops around me that I trust to do this without creating squeaks and rattles from disassemble and reassembly. To me, that is unacceptable outcome I'm not willing to risk.

The cheapest fix is to dial down the midrange and tap the rear speakers for a powered sub. 

Adding some sort of external control for the sub (LCi8) so you can dial down the bass to the stockers will help avoid the dreaded roll off and keep you playing loud and clean.

FoMoCoSHO

Something I forgot to mention, the 2015 sounds better in surround mode. The 2013 was better in stereo. Not sure what's up with that. Took a snap of my settings.....set like this it plays loud with nice tight bass to 3/4 max volume without perceptible roll off. Ymmv.