• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

E85 is AWESOME!

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 11, 2013, 01:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Josephm on October 21, 2013, 11:09:14 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 21, 2013, 03:37:21 PM
I am up to 3 gallons (13.89% with my previous fillup mix) which bumps octane to 94.9

Are you tuned for this?
No.

FYI, via Torque Pro, I have observed a torque boost. I never saw over 298 WTQ before adding E-85. Now I am seeing 305-310 with one romp showing 318. I am on day 2 of the higher mix. Something I did see today was 310 TQ in 3rd gear low rpm high boost acceleration. Kinda surprised me.

FoMoCoSHO

Today, Torque logged 330.7 WTQ @1635 rpm, low rpm high boost.

It quickly dropped so I don't know if Torque was being goofy or the ECM saw something it didn't like and reduced power.

EcoBrick Bob

If it happens again, it could be you don't have enough fuel.  Can you log FRP ( after DI pump)  It needs to stay above 1,000 PSI.  I ran a mix of E-85 at the strip a few weeks ago.  Not sure how much it helped.  Had my best Non-Methanol spray 1/8 mi times ever.  Of course I also have a Kenne Bell BAP to increase the LPFP volume by spinning it up to 50% faster.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on October 22, 2013, 10:07:46 PM
If it happens again, it could be you don't have enough fuel.  Can you log FRP ( after DI pump)  It needs to stay above 1,000 PSI.  I ran a mix of E-85 at the strip a few weeks ago.  Not sure how much it helped.  Had my best Non-Methanol spray 1/8 mi times ever.  Of course I also have a Kenne Bell BAP to increase the LPFP volume by spinning it up to 50% faster.

I will check the torque logs,

FRP is one of the pids I'm logging.

What mix did you run?

I'm at about 14% and my LTFTs are starting to creep up.

FoMoCoSHO

So today I was out running some errands and "playing" a bit. I was paddle shifting in SPORT mode playing with my shift points a'la 4DR's shift point thread.

4 way stop, slow roll out and punched it...car started moving to the right (not where it was pointed) it kind of startled me as the car never behaved like this before. Traction has never been an issue...looked at my phone and torque showed 323.2 WTQ @ 3739 RPM. I'm really irritated with myself for lifting but like I said, it caught me off guard.

Conditions were 50 degrees, dry and level pavement.

I think 4DR is right, the ECU in this car is very intelligent both with the ability to save itself from ruin, but also being able to increase power if it likes what it sees. Torque NEVER showed more than the high 290's before E85. (Which from the stock dynos I've seen seems pretty accurate.

Josephm

Should post a log or two up.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Josephm on October 23, 2013, 08:06:15 PM
Should post a log or two up.

I need to add WTQ and WHP to my logging too. Derp.

EcoBrick Bob

Maybe this isn't the place for this... but my WIFE put E-10 87 in our G8 that is cammed, and tuned for 93... Luckily she was only driving on the interstate....
We have been married for 45 years... WHAT CAN I SAY????  G8 is going into 6 mo storage... guess I need to add some 93!!!! Wanted it near empty when it sits.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

FoMoCoSHO

So I'm trying to attach this log file in csv format but I don't see see an attach button. I can see it in the browse box but can't get it to the message box.

Any ideas?

FoMoCoSHO

Lol, jeez.

I get it now, if it's in the box, it's attached.

EcoBrick Bob

I looked at the log... Not meaningful when your RPM never exceeds 2K... Also... I always log MPH... that way when I'm doing WOT runs I can see at what MPH and gear I'm having the worst #''s.  What software version are you using for logging?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on October 23, 2013, 09:42:49 PM
I looked at the log... Not meaningful when your RPM never exceeds 2K... Also... I always log MPH... that way when I'm doing WOT runs I can see at what MPH and gear I'm having the worst #''s.  What software version are you using for logging?

LOL, gimme a break, I'm new to this!

I'm using Torque and I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of the logs.

I added WTQ, WHP, intake temps.

Changed logging to .25s instead of 1.

I will add MPH, but I don't see a gear option in Torque.

Thanks for your patience.

FoMoCoSHO

When I get or receive call through SYNC, it seems Torque stops monitoring so that's adding to my confusion of which log is which.

I'm gonna go for a drive and will post up the log.

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 23, 2013, 09:48:04 PM
Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on October 23, 2013, 09:42:49 PM

LOL, gimme a break, I'm new to this!

I'm using Torque and I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of the logs.

I added WTQ, WHP, intake temps.

Changed logging to .25s instead of 1.

I will add MPH, but I don't see a gear option in Torque.

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry... wasn't trying to be harsh... I was looking at your log like I do my wot runs... Glad you are attempting to log... after you do this for a while, you will start to see patterns and come to conclusions.  Lambda (both banks) FRP, MCT, TIP- (Boost), are what you look at relative to RPM and MPH.  Your tuner like Torrie etc. will look at all the rest of the data they request.

As for the "gear".. that's my wording that confused you... You can tell the gear from looking at the log and seeing when RPM's drop and then go up again.. MPH also gives you an idea on the gear... But you're right... there's no gear option in any of the logging software I've worked with.  My BAD!

Josephm

I am no pro at logging, but if you logged a full throttle, 1st through mid way through 3rd, it would give you a way better reading than just cruising around town and not have a bunch of useless data.

It would also allow you to see if your running lean; Your not going to run lean putt'ing around town and never seeing above 3K RPM's

Thank for posting the log, i am anxious to see your full throttle logs.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete