• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Full hard pipe CAI from FastLaneTurbo 3.5 EB

Started by SwampRat, April 02, 2014, 04:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on April 15, 2014, 08:12:42 PM
Evidently Fastlane has been selling there CAI for a few years now evidenced by the reviews on the web site and an actual install with pics and so reviews by ford flex.net forum members to include ecobrick bob .....
Almost three years ago .

http://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5651

Kevin... save me the read... any dyno or drag comparisons vs stock with the FastLane product?  TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

BigMac .... No Dyno No Strip ....so so reviews on flex.net ......
I love little birdies ...

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on April 15, 2014, 10:03:59 PM
BigMac .... No Dyno No Strip ....so so reviews on flex.net ......
I love little birdies ...

Thanks ...and...

Birdies? IDU

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

MDesign Performance

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 14, 2014, 11:46:40 PMSo I only need max 3 pulls in each of 3 circumstances to find out if the CAI being built for me adds performance.... probably only cost $300 or so....

This will probably end up being me :P

For everyone else, as of now my MKS is completely stock. Within the next week I'll have a CAI kit installed and since Livernois is only 5 minutes away from me it seems that I make a prime candidate. Have been slammed with law exams as Tom knows so I apologize for no further information at the moment.

Now I must crawl back into my cave and study.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

BiGMaC

Quote from: Spartn27 on April 16, 2014, 10:57:02 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on April 14, 2014, 11:46:40 PMSo I only need max 3 pulls in each of 3 circumstances to find out if the CAI being built for me adds performance.... probably only cost $300 or so....

This will probably end up being me :P

For everyone else, as of now my MKS is completely stock. Within the next week I'll have a CAI kit installed and since Livernois is only 5 minutes away from me it seems that I make a prime candidate. Have been slammed with law exams as Tom knows so I apologize for no further information at the moment.

Now I must crawl back into my cave and study.

Ahmad, Since you've announced that your the man.... The answer is yes it will be you....  I'll leave any design details to your discretion to announce.  When you have time check your email.. I'm getting some info on the RX catchcan from Tracey that may change the barbs/bungs by one.  Good luck on your exams!

SwampRat

As it looks right no Fastlane has no plans to further modify there CAI to meet our concerns ...... SO that CAI for most here is a dead duck with little or no interest to the members here .

We are a demanding bunch and with  competition for a serious   CAI  on the horizon they may may reconsider .

May I suggest to BigMac or Spartn27 to create a NEW thread as to the upcoming design of there CAI and resulting questions and concerns .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on April 16, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
As it looks right no Fastlane has no plans to further modify there CAI to meet our concerns ...... SO that CAI for most here is a dead duck with little or no interest to the members here .

We are a demanding bunch and with  competition for a serious   CAI  on the horizon they may may reconsider .

May I suggest to BigMac or Spartn27 to create a NEW thread as to the upcoming design of there CAI and resulting questions and concerns .

Good idea Kevin! ...
Here's my thinking for the moment. Unless Ahmad starts it I was gonna wait until there was something to show and maybe some data to indicate any demonstrable performance changes.  Likely Ahmad will have pics first anyway.  That way the info will be more readily accessible to folks.... Will do it for sure when there's more to post.