• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

I still think the pump needs to come to me. I want to make sure it works at sea level.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Noticed some seepage around the HPFP after the fiasco of the bolt breaking...

Removed pump...

Found the gasket between the spacer and stock plate to be torn. Probably damaged after the initial incident but fully deteriorated after being put back together...

Also cause I'm paranoid I quadrupole checked the threading on the right side, still have plenty of good thread left.

Double checked all gaskets for the 6th time...

Bolted all back together with new O-ring. Test drive and reinspect turned out good...

Thus far my impression of the XDI pump itself is good, datalogs show it's holding pressure better than the LMS pump. However, the hardware that comes with it is junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

So took her on a road test....

Matt needs to make some small adjustments as the car is very boost happy. Boost is creeping up enough past demanded at part throttle the wastegates are dumping the boost thinking something is off...  only happens around 4-5psi steady state..

Otherwise thing runs like a top now!

One of my buddies wants to trailer it to MIR for a track night... seems silly but hey... saves me gas an miles...

Slips coming soon I hope!

SHOdded

Time to start laying down some rubber!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

So being as I am never satisfied with anything... I decided to dig a bit deeper into why the bolt failed on the XDI-30 HPFP... the bolt supplied are A2-70 stainless steel.. these bolts are used to connect the black spacer plate to the pedestal on the head for the HPFP...

This is a downgrade from the stock bolts. Which I believe are Metric 12.9 grade bolts.

Found this interesting read here...  note at the bottom of the page are applications in which a A2-70 bolt WOULD NOT apply..

http://www.volksbolts.com/faq/basics.htm

Where Should I NOT Use A2-70 Stainless Steel Bolts ?

A2-70 Should Not Be Used In Heavily Loaded Mechanical Or Structural Areas.

Areas Of Direct Loading On The Suspension.

Areas Of Direct Loading On The Steering Column And Linkages.

Active Engine Componets (Con-Rods, Crank Shaft, Clutch, Transmission & Power Off-Takes)

Active Gearbox And Power-Train Components

Where Can I Use A2-70 Stainless Steel Bolts ?

A2-70 Can Be Safely Used To Hold Car Body Panels And Bumpers; Wing (Fender) Bolts, Hinge Bolts, Handles, Locks, Light Fittings Etc.

A2-70 Can Be Safely Used On Non-Mechanically Loaded Engine Components Where A Simple Clamping Action Is Required (Subject To Torque Limitations).
i.e: Inlet & Exhaust Manifold Attachment, Ancilliary Attachment, Pipe Clamps, Flange Joining etc.

A2-70 Can Also Be Used For Securing Access Panels, Cover Plates And Accessory Items To The Vehicle.

Basically, my pump was shipped with incorrect bolts for the application in which it was designed to be used. Unfortunately the space plate isn't bored out enough to use the stock bolts are the heads are too big...

If anyone is looking to pickup an XDI-30 pumps, I highly suggest you picking up the correct the parts... I am also emailing XDI this information as well... they should know however.. very disappointing...

SM105K

I would be raising hell right now.  Complete bullshit that they charge what they charge and then send junk hardware.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on April 29, 2019, 09:58:40 AM
I would be raising hell right now.  Complete bullshit that they charge what they charge and then send junk hardware.

A polite but firm email has been sent to XDI with pictures of the event. At this point, unless they want to foot the bill for a new pedestal on bank2.. I am not sure what good it will do.

SM105K

They should foot the bill.  Their product caused the damage. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Just confirmed with National Speed, Inc.. they didn't touch the pump. Which I expected as there would be no reason to remove it for a turbo/dp install. Just covering bases...

5ohSHO

Glad I read all this stuff about the pump. I'm planning on ordering one soon. Sucks that you had to experience all that though.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 5ohSHO on April 29, 2019, 12:14:59 PM
Glad I read all this stuff about the pump. I'm planning on ordering one soon. Sucks that you had to experience all that though.

I would just use different bolts than what it comes it. M6x1.0x35 (or 40mm if you want to be super safe) 12.9 strength. Thread pitch 1.00.

shoNoff

Honestly I'd be rip s***! For what they charge for that pump, they can't give you some decent hardware. A metric 12.9 bolt has the minimal tensile strength of like 1200mpa I believe. A friggin a2 is somewhere around 500-600mpa if I'm correct. That thing should be holding on fenders and stuff not a friggin hpfp. Hopefully they change this. There is no way you are the first to break one if that's what they send.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

I'm sure your itching to hit the Track SBS! Glad you were able to resolve the issue with the XDI- HPFP and catch it on time without a Hitch!! Best of luck to ya. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

6500rpm

Speed reading late, so I haven't read the whole thread but I saw that the HPFP bolts snapped. We had a HPFP recall on the F150's last year (about 50 involved in the fleet) and had no less than 3 of the mounting bolts break off at install fwiw. Recall kit came with new bolts that had loc-tite on them, new pump and hard line. Very specific torque to yield specs and tightened using Snap On digital torque wrench w/ in/ft lbs and angle. Generally speaking, they could have used a larger diameter bolt and the pre loc-tite treated bolts don't help things. (Ford loves that s***).
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

StealBlueSho

I got a response back from the owner of XDI. I must say they are being very helpful. Additionally all pumps being shipped out are now going to come with zinc coated 12.9 grade m6x1.0x35mm bolts. This should prevent any bolt snapping issues in the future.