• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Boost leak

Started by arrivalblue, October 12, 2018, 11:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivalblue

Noticed when opened my hood tonight looking for possible boost leak heard air leaking or vacuuming from this hose what is it and would it cause intermittent issues or boost to be all over? Right at the 90 fitting I hear air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glock-coma

That hose connects to the intake manifold near the throttle body.
The grey piece of plastic in the hose to the right is the check valve for the brake booster. That's where you probably hear the vacuum noise, it's normal.
Common boost leak areas are circled in red. Recommend putting clamps or zip ties on them.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

arrivalblue

Ok thanks! Yea I thought so but wasn't for sure! I'll check those ones later today

ZSHO

That vacuum line looks as if it was changed recently!! Check the brake fluid reservoir to make sure its on the Full line! Master Cylinder Reservoir cap is on wrong.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

arrivalblue

In original picture I've had the car since 33k and it's never been off to my knowledge ha. It's at 83k now in less then 2 years

ZSHO

Quote from: arrivalblue on October 13, 2018, 08:00:26 AM
In original picture I've had the car since 33k and it's never been off to my knowledge ha. It's at 83k now in less then 2 years

How's the brake fluid level! Just trying to help ya out.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

arrivalblue

It all appears ok. Just seems strange to hear air vacuum like that lol. Brakes were done right before I bought it. Maybe was put on wrong then?

ZSHO

I would monitor it and if it gets louder or the brake feel is not good I  change the hose for a peace of mind especially @ that price point.  Z

Connector Hose - Ford (AA5Z-9E455-A)  $3.82

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-hose-aa5z9e455a/?c=Zz1lbWlzc2lvbi1zeXN0ZW0mcz1lbWlzc2lvbi1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9S0QwOTIxNzUmcj0xNiZhPWxpbmNvbG4mbz1ta3MmeT0yMDEzJnQ9ZWNvYm9vc3QmZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw%3D%3D

arrivalblue

I saw a thread you had the same issue? Did you have any boost leak or car not building full boost ?

ZSHO

Quote from: arrivalblue on October 13, 2018, 09:13:57 AM
I saw a thread you had the same issue? Did you have any boost leak or car not building full boost ?

That line has nothing to do with boost! It only works on vacuum related to your braking system IIRC!
I don't recall the thread! Do you have a specific link! TIA.  Z

arrivalblue

Oh ok I thought I read it had some pressure when under boost. And the gray double circle piece I assume is a check valve stops it from going back into the system. Idk lol. This was one I was referring to if it works.

Vacuum Hose Connector!!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=56487&share_tid=8429&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eecoboostperformanceforum%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D8429&share_type=t

ZSHO

arrivalblue

Was it same issue? Cause anything funny?

ZSHO

Its from my understanding that the hissing sound is normal but only to a certain extent or volume......

It could be Two issues causing the higher than normal hissing sound!

1)Rubber vacuum hose leaking.

2)Grey plastic/vinyl check valves from Vacuum Tube, Manifold - Vacuum Supply.

In my case it was indeed the black rubber vacuum hose which was leaking due to heat exposure without any performance issues IIRC. Best of luck.  Z

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-hose-aa5z9e455a/?c=Zz1lbWlzc2lvbi1zeXN0ZW0mcz1lbWlzc2lvbi1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9S0QwOTIxNzUmcj0xNiZhPWxpbmNvbG4mbz1ta3MmeT0yMDEzJnQ9ZWNvYm9vc3QmZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw%3D%3D

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-vacuum-hose-dg1z9c490b/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9bWFzdGVyLWN5bGluZGVyLWNvbXBvbmVudHMtb24tZGFzaC1wYW5lbCZpPUtEMDkyOTE1JnI9MTMmYT1saW5jb2xuJm89bWtzJnk9MjAxMyZ0PWVjb2Jvb3N0JmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM%3D