• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Boost leak

Started by arrivalblue, October 12, 2018, 11:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivalblue

Ok cool I'll have to hunt it down some more. Seems like boost is normal until car warms up more. Then won't go past 4psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Wastegate seals (orange ones)
Turbo piping - clamps
Turbo piping - cracks, especially on the underside which is not seen but discovered by "feeling" it out, has accumulation of oil/grease/dirt if so
Unsecured control hoses atop the intake manifold as referred to earlier
Dirty MAP sensor(s) / connector(s)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

Gotta get this sorted ASAP. Thought maybe turbo was going bad. Trying out a new tuning device soon want it all right first. Is this the benefit of going to hard hot pipes? Less chance of this? Lol

SHOdded

At least it will get rid of boost leaks from those pipes, yes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

Right on. The hunt is on for a leak. Must expand when gets hot causing lost boost?

arrivalblue

Anyone have the part number for the factory BOV? Just trying to price out in case

SHOdded

I think Z has posted this a few times before?  It's called the air duct valve, yeah, not what we expect it to be listed as, LOL.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-air-duct-valve-aa5z9u465a/

arrivalblue

Ok that's all I could find it as too! Thank you guys all for the help I appreciate it

arrivalblue

Checked all my lines and connections. Everything seems solid. Looks like the BOV are releasing some oily residue. Is this normal?

ZSHO

No Bueno! Hows the back/rear BOV! 
Check your CAC (Intercooler) with an oil dipstick while the Drivers side is jacked up. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Is that the BOV doing it or the pipe it's attached to is leaking?

arrivalblue

Both look this way and it's oily greasy in the direction they discharge also. I'm really unfamiliar with turbo cars so sorry for the questions. But would this be oil coming from the turbos?

glock-coma

Quote from: arrivalblue on October 16, 2018, 07:13:44 AM
Both look this way and it's oily greasy in the direction they discharge also. I'm really unfamiliar with turbo cars so sorry for the questions. But would this be oil coming from the turbos?

Oil is probably coming from build up inside Intercooler, but it does come from the turbos initially.
Best route is to clean it out (suction/vacuum pump)
and use a high quality synthetic oil and possibly think about a catch can.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

arrivalblue

I have a catch can been meaning to install. Guess this just means needs done ASAP. Also I was always told to use ford motorcraft that is was best for these cars. That not the case? I've always ran Mobil 1 full synthetic in past vehicles and had great results. Could this be signs of a turbo failing?

SM105K

Quote from: arrivalblue on October 16, 2018, 12:23:34 PM
I have a catch can been meaning to install. Guess this just means needs done ASAP. Also I was always told to use ford motorcraft that is was best for these cars. That not the case? I've always ran Mobil 1 full synthetic in past vehicles and had great results. Could this be signs of a turbo failing?

Install is ASAP.  I run Mobil 1 in my car.  You can get it dirt cheap at Walmart.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |