• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mustang for Bruce

Started by Brucelinc, January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I am mad, disappointed, embarrassed, PO'ed and disgusted with my Mustang.   I ran it today and it was a mess.   Violent wheelhop in 1st and 2nd gears.   So bad that it was just a matter of time until I broke something.   I had installed a kit that was supposed to stop or at least help that but it did no good.

The car is making good power and I know how to shift it but I cannot race it like this.   I still like Mustangs but I will be looking for one with an automatic.   They do not suffer from the wheelhop problem like the manual cars do.    This is a well known issue with manual Mustangs with the independent rear suspension.   It can be fixed with solid bushings in the rear suspension but the fix makes the car a very poor daily driver - adds terrible noise, vibration and harshness.

At least I cut a pretty good light.

ecoboostsho

Bummer Bruce. Sorry you weren't happy with it. The mph is pretty good so it seems like the car should run great if it would hook (well not hop). Agreed on your reaction time. Nice job!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

Bummer indeed :(  Man that reaction time, tho, is outta this world!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

My Mustang should be a mid to low 12 second car.   What is frustrating is that Ford equips these with line lock and launch control.   Trying to use them just causes the rear end to go into a spastic fit.   I can slip the clutch and feather the throttle to avoid wheel hop in 1st gear but the real problem is on the 1-2 shift where it is unbearable.

I am jealous of you SHO and MKS guys with AWD and automatic transmissions.   Next time I go to the track it will be with my Continental!

Colorado-SHOBro

what did you race that cut a 1.3 60'!? my god that's a rocket!
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Blackhawk

Drove my buddies 2015 PP at the track and cut high 1.8s on all seasons.  His was completely stock though.  Burnout had to be in second gear or it hopped badly, launch was at 3k feathered.  I took it easy on the 1-2.

dubcitySHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on April 30, 2018, 10:40:36 AM

Was thinking the same.....
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

StealBlueSho

This jackwagon cut a 1.1 60' ft... I ALMOST had the guy... seriously...LMAO...

When I lined up, this dragster pulls next to me in the left lane... I looked at the pit crew and asked "Are you serious?"

I had him off the line for .027 seconds...

Brucelinc

Quote from: dubcitySHO on April 30, 2018, 12:14:51 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on April 30, 2018, 10:40:36 AM

Was thinking the same.....

It was an all-out race car on slicks - a Chevelle if I recall.   This event had everything from Nashs to Harley-David sons.

mval

great r/a bruce, man the pros rarely get there. the wheel hop manuals is not a pony problem alone. hear same thing on the manual chally scat packs. the a8 though is a totally different animal. line works no wheel hop @ 1500rpm, but if shifting manual got to be really on the ball or will hit the rev limiter in 1 or 2, the a8 smoke the manuals every time. well you got that hot-rod lincoln to fall back on. she has made a fool of a number of hot shots.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

hawkeye93

Will I see you at Brainerd on Wednesday, Bruce?  It would be fun to line up together, whichever car you want to bring.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

Brucelinc

Quote from: hawkeye93 on April 30, 2018, 05:06:16 PM
Will I see you at Brainerd on Wednesday, Bruce?  It would be fun to line up together, whichever car you want to bring.

Fun for you and your meth burner, I am sure.    I was going until I found out how bad the Mustang wheel hops.  I am done with it.   I am not running the Conti until I get a better tune for the transmission.   Doubt if I have it by Wednesday.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

Quote from: mval on April 30, 2018, 05:00:04 PM
great r/a bruce, man the pros rarely get there. the wheel hop manuals is not a pony problem alone. hear same thing on the manual chally scat packs. the a8 though is a totally different animal. line works no wheel hop @ 1500rpm, but if shifting manual got to be really on the ball or will hit the rev limiter in 1 or 2, the a8 smoke the manuals every time. well you got that hot-rod lincoln to fall back on. she has made a fool of a number of hot shots.

I am on a major Mustang forum and there is a list of the best quarter mile times for Mustangs.   Automatics dominate the list. 

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 30, 2018, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: hawkeye93 on April 30, 2018, 05:06:16 PM

Fun for you and your meth burner, I am sure.    I was going until I found out how bad the Mustang wheel hops.  I am done with it.   I am not running the Conti until I get a better tune for the transmission.   Doubt if I have it by Wednesday.

Is there an inexpensive way to stop the wheel hopping? Or at a minimum bring it within a manageable amount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk