• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mustang for Bruce

Started by Brucelinc, January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I am seriously considering picking up a used Coyote Mustang.  Two reasons:  I think it would be fun going to the track with it.  Secondly, it would make a nice project car...maybe adding a supercharger in the future among other things.  There is tons of after market support for Mustangs and they are pretty bullet proof.

I am currently negotiating on a super clean 2016 with the 3.55 gear and manual 6 speed.  It already has an Airaid CAI and a resonator delete.  It has never been tuned but obviously that will change if I get it.  Livernois has a good tune and I already have a MyCal.   The car runs really well and sounds wickedly good.   

AJP turbo

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM
I am seriously considering picking up a used Coyote Mustang.  Two reasons:  I think it would be fun going to the track with it.  Secondly, it would make a nice project car...maybe adding a supercharger in the future among other things.  There is tons of after market support for Mustangs and they are pretty bullet proof.

I am currently negotiating on a super clean 2016 with the 3.55 gear and manual 6 speed.  It already has an Airaid CAI and a resonator delete.  It has never been tuned but obviously that will change if I get it.  Livernois has a good tune and I already have a MyCal.   The car runs really well and sounds wickedly good.

If you are going for a 1/4 mile car get the automatic...throw a 6k blower on and a torque converter and drag radials and you can run 10's..ask me how I know....and bruce there are many excellent remote tuners for coyotes...you are no stranger to data logging now...you can get a way better tune doing it remotely than a dyno tune and I can refer you to a couple outstanding tuners

And you should look for a track pack car to handle boost better and if it has an intake it really needs to be tuned...since it's mass air flow the intake and calibration for the Maf is everything

And if you must get a manual trans do yourself a favor and order the mgw shifter the first day!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Brucelinc

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 22, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

If you are going for a 1/4 mile car get the automatic...throw a 6k blower on and a torque converter and drag radials and you can run 10's..ask me how I know....and bruce there are many excellent remote tuners for coyotes...you are no stranger to data logging now...you can get a way better tune doing it remotely than a dyno tune and I can refer you to a couple outstanding tuners

And you should look for a track pack car to handle boost better and if it has an intake it really needs to be tuned...since it's mass air flow the intake and calibration for the Maf is everything

And if you must get a manual trans do yourself a favor and order the mgw shifter the first day!

Thanks Brad.   I have been looking on Autotrader and every other source and automatics are almost impossible to find in my area.   I guess I am not necessarily looking for JUST a track car.   A stick is a lot more fun to drive.   The reason I mention Livernois is because I have a MyCal laying around gathering dust and I would like to make use of it.   I would do mods in stages.  I could see exploring other tuning options down the road.

By the way, I am not abandoning my Continental.  With your tune, I can pretty much embarrass STOCK Coyote Mustangs.

AJP turbo

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 23, 2018, 08:44:11 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on January 22, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

Thanks Brad.   I have been looking on Autotrader and every other source and automatics are almost impossible to find in my area.   I guess I am not necessarily looking for JUST a track car.   A stick is a lot more fun to drive.   The reason I mention Livernois is because I have a MyCal laying around gathering dust and I would like to make use of it.   I would do mods in stages.  I could see exploring other tuning options down the road.

By the way, I am not abandoning my Continental.  With your tune, I can pretty much embarrass STOCK Coyote Mustangs.

I know and that's good because I am trying to wrap up some things that I think are going to help the Continental a good bit

And yes I agree on the stick being more fun but all things being equal I can't really run with the automatics...I barely run high 11's but at 130mph in my mustang....if you plan to go boosted on a coyote you don't want the 3.73's...that's what I have and it's not ideal

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Brucelinc

Quick question:  My SCT x4 is married to my Continental.  Can I still use it to pull a strategy code from a different Ford product without returning the Conti to stock first?

AJP turbo

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 24, 2018, 01:21:27 PM
Quick question:  My SCT x4 is married to my Continental.  Can I still use it to pull a strategy code from a different Ford product without returning the Conti to stock first?

I think you can

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 24, 2018, 01:21:27 PM
Yes, I pulled the MKS strategy when it was married to Sparkie...

Brucelinc

OMG...what have I done?   2016 GT Premium, manual trans, 3.55 gear, Navigation, factory 20" wheels/Pirelli summer tires.   (not too good in Minnesota winter)  19,000 miles.

I am too old for model cars and Hotwheels so this is my big boy toy.

glock-coma

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 24, 2018, 04:35:12 PM
OMG...what have I done?   2016 GT Premium, manual trans, 3.55 gear, Navigation, factory 20" wheels/Pirelli summer tires.   (not too good in Minnesota winter)  19,000 miles.

I am too old for model cars and Hotwheels so this is my big boy toy.
:o
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

^^^ LOL!!!

Simply irrestible!  Tho it has black paint ...
! No longer available
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

Nice ride Bruce!  That will be fun to play with. :)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Brucelinc

You haven't lived until you have driven a powerful RWD car with summer-only tires on snowy/icey roads. 

66 Galaxie

Did that back in the day a few times in an '85 GT. Very entertaining. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 24, 2018, 06:11:12 PM
You haven't lived until you have driven a powerful RWD car with summer-only tires on snowy/icey roads.
I was going to ask how that went given all the snow we just got and the road conditions. You are a brave man sir!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Brucelinc

Quote from: ecoboostsho on January 24, 2018, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on January 24, 2018, 06:11:12 PM
I was going to ask how that went given all the snow we just got and the road conditions. You are a brave man sir!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it definitely got my attention a few times.  Driving home from the dealership, my wife was following me in the Continental.  When we got home she asked me why I kept fishtailing and told me that I should stop acting like an idiot.   Hard to stop since I probably am an idiot!