• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS tune preferences?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, February 07, 2018, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

Anyone here prefer or feel like an older version works better on their MKS/SHO than the current V11? So far V8 seems to work best with my car... Idk why however.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

What is the date of your MKS' PCM calibration?  Wonder if that could be a factor?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: SHOdded on February 07, 2018, 03:16:26 PM
What is the date of your MKS' PCM calibration?  Wonder if that could be a factor?

Not sure. Where / how can I find it?
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

Forscan will tell you this information, might be able to pull it up on the LME tuner/MyCal as well, but I am not familiar with it.  There might even be a menu item in Sync that displays this type of information, typically you have to go into engineering mode to retrieve it.

Maybe the same steps in this thread will work for your MKS
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6955
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 07, 2018, 06:22:53 PM
Forscan will tell you this information, might be able to pull it up on the LME tuner/MyCal as well, but I am not familiar with it.  There might even be a menu item in Sync that displays this type of information, typically you have to go into engineering mode to retrieve it.

Maybe the same steps in this thread will work for your MKS
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6955
Manu wonder if the OP & sholxgt have the same strategy!  Z :hmmm:
I know he has also been experiencing some issues! Dunno!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

could be!  have not seen sholxgt posting in a bit tho ...

Leadfoot

I switched from the V8 to V11 tune last month, haven't tried the V10 that came with it yet.
The car definitely pulls harder with the V11 tune. Stumbles a little over 6100 on WOT, going to load the 91 tune and also try the V10 when I get a chance. Winter gas in PA sucks.
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

StealBlueSho

Wish they would come out with a more aggressive tune for the 2010-2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 10, 2018, 10:40:42 AM

So why is there a difference between the 09-12 vs 13 +? What system changed? Is the first gen mass air?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 10, 2018, 12:35:34 PM

So why is there a difference between the 09-12 vs 13 +? What system changed? Is the first
gen mass air?

The programming was changed significantly from what I understand. I'm not a tuner so I can't give specifics. But the tuning between the two is different.

ZSHO

The last I heard was the ECU and PCM on the 13+ SHO'S encoding of the programming are Totally different than the previous 10-12 SHO'S IIRC!  Z

StinkinLinkin13

I wonder if there a difference on 13s like mine being that its a transition year.. like an in between of sorts. Idk. Just a thought. It seems like the 13s have more tune issues... Maybe just coincidence. But the older V8 tune which I believe is from 2014 definitely feels better (not stronger however)... In my trials the older the tunes the less top end misfires I have. From V11 , V10 to the V8. The V8 just does it rarely/once in a while and far less noticable when it does do it. If the V11 was like it I could live with it. Maybe I should try whatever the next  previous version as well... V7 or whatever it is. But that V11 Low end torque i miss in the V8... 

StealBlueSho

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 10, 2018, 02:44:31 PM
I wonder if there a difference on 13s like mine being that its a transition year.. like an in between of sorts. Idk. Just a thought. It seems like the 13s have more tune issues... Maybe just coincidence. But the older V8 tune which I believe is from 2014 definitely feels better (not stronger however)... In my trials the older the tunes the less top end misfires I have. From V11 , V10 to the V8. The V8 just does it rarely/once in a while and far less noticable when it does do it. If the V11 was like it I could live with it. Maybe I should try whatever the next  previous version as well... V7 or whatever it is. But that V11 Low end torque i miss in the V8...

Have you checked your spark plugs? And what gap are you running? There has been people switching to the MSD COPs as well which is helping with spark blowout on some of the more aggressive tunes.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 10, 2018, 12:35:34 PM

So why is there a difference between the 09-12 vs 13 +? What system changed? Is the first gen mass air?
Different PCMs and programming.

MAP only all years.