• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS tune preferences?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, February 07, 2018, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Even with the difference between the PCMs and programming Brad's tunes feel virtually the same between the 2 cars, the 11 is running a tad less boost (for now).

The 11 wasn't as responsive at PT but Brad made some tweaks and he's made some progress.

PT shifting is improved on the later years IMHO the 13 and 15 were much better. The 11 seems like it likes to hunt then once it figures out where it need to be is a little rough getting there.

14 and up got a much improved pedal assembly. Pre 14 is stiff and difficult to modulate. I would like to swap but Brad thinks the scaling may be different and may run into problems.

The 11 PCM refuses to scale OAR past -1, the 15 was at -1.4

I should probably make a thread detailing all the little changes I've noticed between the 2 SHOs and the MKS.

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 10, 2018, 10:52:45 PM
Even with the difference between the PCMs and programming Brad's tunes feel virtually the same between the 2 cars, the 11 is running a tad less boost (for now).

The 11 wasn't as responsive at PT but Brad made some tweaks and he's made some progress.

PT shifting is improved on the later years IMHO the 13 and 15 were much better. The 11 seems like it likes to hunt then once it figures out where it need to be is a little rough getting there.

14 and up got a much improved pedal assembly. Pre 14 is stiff and difficult to modulate. I would like to swap but Brad thinks the scaling may be different and may run into problems.

I should probably make a thread detailing all the little changes I've noticed between the 2 SHOs and the MKS.

Not a bad Idea. Good info. I love the PT of the V11 all through the midrange... But once I hit 5500 it falls flat misfiring most of the time. Once in a while it will make it through with little or none but not very often.. Effin sucks.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 10, 2018, 11:13:59 PM

Not a bad Idea. Good info. I love the PT of the V11 all through the midrange... But once I hit 5500 it falls flat misfiring most of the time. Once in a while it will make it through with little or none but not very often.. Effin sucks.
Have you checked your plugs?

With what Topher just endured I'd take a look.

StinkinLinkin13

Yes sir... They are new and at 30 as per LMS recommendation. Tried different gaps with no change. SP534s. The only thing idk is my lpfp readings... Finding the right adapters has been a pia. LMS is suggesting their HPFP but at 1600 its a ridiculously expensive swing in the wind. Car runs perfect stock..
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 10, 2018, 11:36:25 PM
Yes sir... They are new and at 30 as per LMS recommendation. Tried different gaps with no change. SP534s. The only thing idk is my lpfp readings... Finding the right adapters has been a pia. LMS is suggesting their HPFP but at 1600 its a ridiculously expensive swing in the wind. Car runs perfect stock..
Suggesting a $1600 pump based on what?

Maybe pick up a used x3 or x4 so you can log the LPFP?

I would suggest an OBD app but my experience with them on the later models was less than ideal. The resolution wasn't the greatest.

StinkinLinkin13

Yes sir. May have actually found one. Waiting for a reply.

AJP turbo

You are running a tad less boost as you say because you are running full E85 you nut job!...14 psi is plenty of boost for that type of fuel lol...Where have you seen that?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress