• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToMang07

Quote from: SHOdded on September 20, 2018, 06:17:21 PM
Intercooler really should be first on the list.  Strengthen the core first.
They were in order! lol
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ToMang07 on September 20, 2018, 04:59:32 PM
Not gonna lie, this, a CHRA upgrade, and HPFP are all on my "wish" list.

Matt is finalizing his turbo upgrades as well...
Should be available soon. $1800 price
Tag for them... he has a guy running his prototypes in CO (DA of 6000+) running 12.5's reliably with no issues...

Sooo I have turbos and the IC money set aside... will be interesting...

As far as RD Gearhead is currently working on Turbos, IC's, Cams(part of a motor build)and some other goodies.....

I'm going to worth remotely with him through a local shop I trust to attempt to develop a solution to strengthen the PTU...

GH is really doing some cool stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 20, 2018, 11:19:54 PM

Tag for them... he has a guy running his prototypes in CO (DA of 6000+) running 12.5's reliably with no issues...

As far as RD Gearhead is currently working on Turbos, IC's, Cams(part of a motor build)and some other goodies.....

I'm going to worth remotely with him through a local shop I trust to attempt to develop a solution to strengthen the PTU...

I've always liked Matt's work.  I'd have his tunes on my truck if I didn't already had tunes on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ToMang07 on September 20, 2018, 11:23:26 PM

I've always liked Matt's work.  I'd have his tunes on my truck if I didn't already had tunes on it.

Only $100 bucks to switch.

ToMang07

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 20, 2018, 11:25:08 PM

Only $100 bucks to switch.

I'm aware, but at this point the truck is pretty much been regulated to plow/work duty only,  only other time I drive it is in bad weather.

~Tom~

Vortech347

That's impressive.  I've been stuck in the 13's here in Utah. Our DA is similar.  My turbo's can only sustain 12.8-13.0 psi after 4500rpm.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

shoNoff

Maybe I'm blind or stupid or both but I can't find a price point anywhere on this. Have they spoken about it? I just want to have the money ready the minute they go on sale. Like Bdp I don't mind paying full price to help with the R&D costs. Any shop that's willing to help push this platform forward, I'm willing to pay a little more for their parts. I'm thinking this is my winter upgrade over doing methanol.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on September 21, 2018, 02:44:22 PM
Maybe I'm blind or stupid or both but I can't find a price point anywhere on this. Have they spoken about it? I just want to have the money ready the minute they go on sale. Like Bdp I don't mind paying full price to help with the R&D costs. Any shop that's willing to help push this platform forward, I'm willing to pay a little more for their parts. I'm thinking this is my winter upgrade over doing methanol.

Do both.  Maybe the IC first.  And I don't see a price either.  I emailed Gearhead and havent received a response, although its only been a couple days. 
The IC will be a nice way to keep everything cooler and make some more power but its not adding octane like Meth.  Do both.  And with their powers combined theyre Captain ..Plane...SHO 😆
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

The IC and Turbos are not listed yet... they should be available soon. And prices are not finalized... Matt has said the IC will be under $800(so 799.99) and the turbos he is targeting $1800.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Quote from: 802SHO on September 21, 2018, 04:08:25 PM

Do both.  Maybe the IC first.  And I don't see a price either.  I emailed Gearhead and havent received a response, although its only been a couple days. 
The IC will be a nice way to keep everything cooler and make some more power but its not adding octane like Meth.  Do both.  And with their powers combined theyre Captain ..Plane...SHO 😆

Intercooler + racegas = no meth for Tim  :thumb:

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 21, 2018, 04:50:44 PM

The IC and Turbos are not listed yet... they should be available soon. And prices are not finalized... Matt has said the IC will be under $800(so 799.99) and the turbos he is targeting $1800.

I was fully expect 1k minimum but I'll take $799 all day

StealBlueSho

Earlier this year he thought $650 but now he is saying less than $800... so some where in there is what I guess..

The first batch is for a 100 of them. 50 of which he is selling directly through GH and the other 50 will be sold to distributors....

So don't be surprised if a few of the Ecoboost big name shops all of a sudden start selling IC's...

I think EPP already announced he will be offering them as well..

802SHO

GearHead responded to my email, they didn't quote a price but said after SEMA they will be released and at this point there isn't a group of buyers.  I was asking to be in the first group.  I thanked them for the update as well as for investing time and money to develop new parts for the platform.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20