• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown9999

2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

EcoPowerParts

I will definitely work to do a group buy but MAP will be in play, I'll see if Matt will allow an initial setup like that.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

Mike's Da man when it comes to "Group Buys" . Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickstewartroc

Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Mo7ammed

Great job Matt, the finishing is amazing not to mention the log sheet, it's like the Meth is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4sfed

While I'd be in for a group buy, it'd be nice to eventually see some actual numbers of how this performs.  What's supposed to be the advantage of this IC?

• Amount of air it can flow
  • cooling capability
  • BOTH?

I know normal driving (staying out of boost) in anywhere from 65 F to 95 F ambient, I normally see a temp difference of about 30 degrees between ambient and IAT2.
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

SHOdded

30 degrees is a LOT for staying out of boost.  Imagine what happens while IN boost.  Why spraying with meth is essential to added power.  Check out some of the datalogs posted throughout this forum.  You can see the temp rises on WOT runs for yourself.  Pretty shocking.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

4sfed

Quote from: SHOdded on September 20, 2018, 08:23:36 AM
30 degrees is a LOT for staying out of boost.  Imagine what happens while IN boost.

EXACTLY!  I'm not trying to poo-poo this...I'm VERY interested!  I'm just hoping we get to see some stats or expectations, before purchasing.

2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

SHOdded

These numbers are for the 2nd gen Edge Sport with custom intercooler, at cruise etc.  But it should give you an idea what a custom IC can do.  Gearhead IC info I posted earlier.

Line color:
Dark red flat: ambient temp
Dark Red: TIP KPA
Blue thin: Vehicle Speed
Blue Thick: Charge temp

SCT X4 readings:

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

I have been on the phone with Matt a bit lately... this WILL require a retune for sure...I've seen the datalogs and there are changes to the wastegate to accommodate the bigger IC among other things.

I did speak to LMS about this as well, and they will require at least a couple guys to get theirs dyno tuned before they offer a remote tune for it.

I am on the list to get one when they come out. So we will see! Money is already set aside.

On a side note... this IC coupled with the bigger HPFP and E30 should practically eliminate the need for meth to get into the lower 12's consistently and safely....

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 20, 2018, 01:45:47 PM
I have been on the phone with Matt a bit lately... this WILL require a retune for sure...I've seen the datalogs and there are changes to the wastegate to accommodate the bigger IC among other things.

I did speak to LMS about this as well, and they will require at least a couple guys to get theirs dyno tuned before they offer a remote tune for it.

I am on the list to get one when they come out. So we will see! Money is already set aside.

On a side note... this IC coupled with the bigger HPFP and E30 should practically eliminate the need for meth to get into the lower 12's consistently and safely....

That would be awesome. I am going to see what the general consensus is when people start receiving them before I go all in.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

gtmorgan23

sure hoping Matt decides to charge an install price and I can drive to him and have it installed.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

bpd1151

I'm excited too, and am on board to be within that 1st grouping of owners to receive them.

I'm sure LMS will be interested in tuning with it too, as I and BJ/SBS will be vying for dyno time respectively.

Although a group buy sounds great, and will benefit many, I don't mind being in that 1st group to pay full price. I mean after all, it's nice for Matt @ GH to recoup his costs after all.

It's also super important to reward those few vendors still left out there, that are investing in the R&D for the platform, as well as doing what they can, to propel the platform forward even further.

Getting more and more excited about this as the days keep ticking by.......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Not gonna lie, this, a CHRA upgrade, and HPFP are all on my "wish" list.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

SHOdded

Intercooler really should be first on the list.  Strengthen the core first.