• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Friendly Ford Show Wins "Best Of Class"

Started by bpd1151, August 10, 2013, 08:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Welp...... very glad to report that I took home an award / plaque for "Best In Class" at today's Friendly Ford (A Ford Dealership Located In Roselle, IL.) 2nd Annual Car Show.

The class I competed within, was for any FORD product for 2000 to current.

There were well over 200 total cars in attendance, and my class alone saw well over 50 (Ford) cars, that were considered "2000 & up". Most, if not all, were Mustangs.

I really enjoyed this show, as my SHO piqued a lot of curiosity, as well as having sparked many conversations over the various modifications I've performed thus far.

I got a really good vibe from everyone who stopped past my display.

I myself, really, truly fell in love with the various Model "T's" and other older, circa early 1900 cars. Man, talk about a time warp.

I mean my God, there were cars there (still running perfectly mind you) that were literally over 100 years old!

Geezuz.

Anyhow, here's a few images of my SHO, the display, and the winning award. Following those images, is the link to my entire Photobucket Album, where the remaining of the pictures are located.

I think I only captured like half of the cars that were in attendance, as there were only like 80 some odd pics total.

Enjoy!

Link to entire album located here----------> http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bpd1151/library/Friendly%20Ford%20Show%20Aug%2010th%202013?sort=3&page=1

geswek

glock-coma

Very nice. Glad we have someone to represent.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SHOdded

Glad you had a chance to see some automotive history/eye candy too, Mike!  Congrats on the award.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Thanks to all of you for the congrats.

Up and early once again for me today, as the local Hooter's has their BIG (always sold out) show today.

Competition's a healthy uptick at this event, so I'm leery about picking up an award at today's show.

We'll see how it goes. Either way it's a win win, cuz well.......

There are lots of Hooter's to look at!

Shodded...... a history trip it certainly was (for the Friendly Ford Show that is).....

Did you check out the Photobucket album I linked everyone to? The Model "T's" were simply incredible to look at, and speaking with their owners was even more rewarding.

Shonuff1140

Its cause of the new intake, it makes everyone ;D

SHOdded

Yeah, the intake rocks!  Mike I did look thru the album as soon as I saw your link.  I could spend hours trolling thru there :)  Liked the shot of the prowler (saw one just last night in my neighborhood (albeit with the top on).  Wife picked out the ones she liked too!  Thanks again for these pics, and hope you had a good time at today's show.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Surprisingly captured another award at today's Hooter's show....

Won a "Top Show Winner" for having placed in the Top 5 of overall vote totals, out 102 cars/bikes/trucks that entered.

I'll post A pic later. Right now, super tired from 2, back to back car shows, each having been very long days.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

SHOdded

Way to go, Mike!  As far as being "tired", are you sure it has nothing to do with all that thinking about the next phase of your car's evolution?   :beer2:

bpd1151

Oh I'm positive. It has everything to do with being out in the sun & heat, literally, all day long.

Kind of like a touch of heat stroke if you will.

I arrive at most shows generally around 6:30am. Assures me decent vehicle placement, as well as time to unload & set up display.

I'm usually one of the last to leave as well, since I have to clean up & pack up, all of the display related stuff.

Most shows end 'tween 4-5pm.

I know I get dehydrated because i'm not a big water drinker. But when doing shows, I pack a small cooler that holds 8 btls of water, along with ice, and I drink all of it.

But when I get home, my eyes feel like they're on fire, i'm usually sun burnt (even with applying sun screen), all icky & sweaty, and umm yeah.....

So i'll unload all the (display) crap from my car, eat, shower, then pass out for a few hours. Still all worth it though. I enjoy every part of it.

Just seems to get harder & harder with each passing year. Haha.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mjhpadi

Congrats in winning another award...now clean up, relax, and recover from the week-end.  Be sure to re-hydrate too.  Look forward to seeing your latest award, when you have the time.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350