• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First Run with SHO

Started by geswek, August 10, 2013, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I only got one run, didn't know the rules and requiring a helmet.

I've never dragged in my life. Any tips? I had 1/4 tank and I weight 300lbs.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

Timeless

Might help if you tell us what you did during the run?  Not that I am an expert, but that would help others give you tips.  :)

From what I understand, just put it in sport mode, brake boost to 2K RPMS and let her rip when it turns green.  If you are trying for reaction time then let her rip after the second yellow drops and do not wait for green.
2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

geswek

I was in drive mode and 2300rpm.

I forgot to turn advance trac off.

I launched as soon as I saw 3rd yellow.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

crash712us

Not to shabby Storm for the 1st time out. Tips: 1st your aware of putting your car the appropriate driving mode traction off, auto shift. Lower your tire pressure 28psi works well for me, you will need to bring a gauge and recheck after every pass as the tires heat up the pressure goes up as well.
Avoid the water box, once around it and you get signaled to do burn out. Of course we can not quickly brake torque up has high as she go and do quick hole shot.
Staging for best ET when rolling into lights turn on 1st light then lighty creep in til 2nd lights and hold. Now once your opponent has done same the tree will start counting down, mean while brake  torque up to 1800-2000rpms. Once the tree gets to the 2nd to last yellow as soon it lights. Release the brake and mash the gas. This last part is only for reacting time, does not effect ET.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

geswek

Thanks Crash.

I avoided wet box, but I didn't spin up/should I have? This particular track I wouldn't of gotten much and probably pass the stage lines. I guess I can just back up.

So; for R/T, I mash gas as 2nd from last yellow goes away? I did it as 3rd yellow (which is last) lit.

Is my R/T good tho?

Yes, I feel stupid I didn't turn my dang traction control off--I wasn't thinking LOL.

mjhpadi

Very nice first runs.  I think you should also try running at Maple Grove...it's one of my favorite tracks and they normally keep the track in great shape. But nice first run!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mjhpadi

Listen, it really takes a bit of timing to get the R/T into the good range, it's a matter of practice. You also can play around with it.  Also it depends on the lights of the track.  Are they the old type or the new LED lights.  If they are the old type you can leave when the next to the last yellow goes out and see if you red light...the LED lights are much quicker at coming on and off so you should almost wait until the last yellow comes on.  But you can anticipate and just play around, but for the first time the reaction time isn't terrible.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

darreli

I think that's a great first time out....

Youre reaction time is good! For the best reaction time, you want to stage as deep into the lights as possible (meaning as your second staging light comes on continue to inch forward until it starts flickering) then leave on the last yellow. Be advised, this will raise your 60ft times and your ET overall. It does this because you almost get a "head start" if you will staging the other way and barely turning on that second staging light. That allows you to gain some momentum before crossing the timing lights. Your reaction will be slightly longer but your 60fts and your ET will be lower. It all depends on what you are shooting for. Note that reaction time has no effect on your ET.

Your 60ft is respectable as well. You should be able to get that in the 1.8 range, but I would be pretty happy with that. To lower those, it takes some amount of playing around with tire pressures and launch rpms, that only comes with practice. Go around the water, back up to the water, break torque and spin the tires to clean them before staging. Try not to roll thru the lights and back up...if you were driving a Top Fuel car that would be different! Otherwise, you kind of look like a goofball

I would be really happy with your performance the first time out!!!

geswek

Thanks Darreli!

I had a blast; shopping for a lid now because I want to go back LOL.

crash712us

Quote from: geswek on August 10, 2013, 10:52:10 AM
Thanks Crash.

I avoided wet box, but I didn't spin up/should I have? This particular track I wouldn't of gotten much and probably pass the stage lines. I guess I can just back up.

So; for R/T, I mash gas as 2nd from last yellow goes away? I did it as 3rd yellow (which is last) lit.

Is my R/T good tho?

Yes, I feel stupid I didn't turn my dang traction control off--I wasn't thinking LOL.

You did great 1st out really! You RT is also very good. Here is the helmet I got from amazon cheap. Its DOT rated but no snell rating which some tracks look for but mine does not.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084ABTN0/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

shoman04

Quote from: geswek on August 10, 2013, 11:29:25 AM
Thanks Darreli!

I had a blast; shopping for a lid now because I want to go back LOL.
Welcome to the 12sec club and your 1st time out that's hauling the freight. Baby!!!!
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

Needmoreboost

Great run there Beefy.  Still amazes me how easy this car is to run 12's.  I think your dead on for mods etc.  In colder air you will drop another tenth or two.  ;)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

geswek

I could probably lose some weight too LOL.

I believe it was like 73F or something this morning.

Needmoreboost

Quote from: geswek on August 10, 2013, 11:52:23 AM
I could probably lose some weight too LOL.

I believe it was like 73F or something this morning.

Ahh that weight helps with traction.  LOL 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

geswek