• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First Run with SHO

Started by geswek, August 10, 2013, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhpadi

Darrell, wow, talking about deep staging and ET changes, that's a lot for a non-drag guy to absorb right out of the shoot!  You guys are getting into the fine points of the game.  I was really trying to just get him started.  Heck, I remember my first times out it was hard enough to just get staged and leave properly.  Anyway, Storn did do great for his first time, and all this will help.  But he should also be warned this can become addicting!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

It's already begun, LMAO.

I'm looking at lids -- think I'm gonna pick up the Bell Sport Mag in Black --

darreli

Quote from: mjhpadi on August 10, 2013, 12:43:32 PM
Darrell, wow, talking about deep staging and ET changes, that's a lot for a non-drag guy to absorb right out of the shoot!  You guys are getting into the fine points of the game.  I was really trying to just get him started.  Heck, I remember my first times out it was hard enough to just get staged and leave properly.  Anyway, Storn did do great for his first time, and all this will help.  But he should also be warned this can become addicting!

Good point...wasn't only for him really though but for the community as a whole. He asked for "any tips"..I thought for the most part for one pass it was quite good. Didn't really have anything to add but the finer points

mjhpadi

And you did add great points.  And everyone can learn from those points you posted!  I give you 5 stars for them!  But it sounds like Storm has the bug and I'll bet he's got that "I wanta make another pass!" feeling about now.....Also be warned, you don't want to be around the Funnies or the Fuelers...the smell of nitro and rubber burning will really hook you...
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

DJE624

Was that run with or without the AirRaid?

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on August 10, 2013, 03:20:26 PM
Was that run with or without the AirRaid?

With; I didn't take it out.

Needmoreboost

2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

geswek

It's PP, or ad I dub it Track Package, LOL.

Yeah, my stupid self forgot to turn all the nannies off on that only run. I think I may of retarded at launch a bit because of it. She definitely did not shift hard to 2nd like normal.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

EcoBrick Bob

That was a great first run.  In my Flex, the first time I left T/C on too.  Frankly, at least in my 2010 Flex, T/C doesn't make a lot of difference... on or off.  At first my best runs were with T/C on.   

Your 60' was very good. Very close to 1.8.  Only way to improve much is stickier front tires.  That # is close to my best, but I also have a vehicle that weighs at least 400 lbs more. Do you know the D.A. at the time of your run?  The higher the D.A. the better your run looks.

When looking for a helmet make sure it is Snell approved 2005 or newer.  If you know your size, you can get some smokin deals on internet.  I got a nice Bell, for around $100. shipped.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoBrick Bob

For the little extra, I would definitely do the Snell rated helmet.

Two weeks ago racing my G8 at my local Iowa track, they were so picky, that I had to show them my (sealed) battery in the trunk, the Snell rating in my helmet, and he almost wouldn't let me run with my Hoosier DR's which are D.O.T. approved, because he thought they were slicks. Had to point out grooves and DOT markings. Guess you have to have an aftermarket beefed up rear end to run slicks or something.  I have custom axles but stock R.E.

It was just a Fri. nite test and tune, though there were some nitro-methane funny cars running in the high 5's.  Stay away from that crap... I could taste it all night!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

mjhpadi

Agree with EBB, you should have a Snell approved helmet, worth the extra.

geswek

Thanks Bob.

DA is telling me at that particular time it was 1,755ft; track elevation is 320ft.

EcoBrick Bob

That's some really crappy air... If it were 50 deg out and DA was 200, you should be a couple tenths better.  Fall, cool dry air is great for ET.  All of my Flex 12 sec times were with 600 DA.  First in IA at a track that is 850 ALT when 45 deg, and the others using DR's  in Bradenton, FL Alt 30 ft.  75 deg.  So those runs with the same 600 DA were much better, though fractionally slower. 

If you're going for best ET, you want to stage as far back in the box. To do this creep forward and set first light, then creep really slow till second light comes on and stop.

If you're trying to beat a similar vehicle, you want to get as far forward in the box. Believe the box is about 11" so it isn't much from front to back, but a fraction is just that when posting numbers or winning.

It's addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Darreli and 4DRHTRD are 2  of our resident experts... I'm just a novice compared to them.

EcoPowerParts

I would KILL for 1700' DA!!!! :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob