• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotpball44

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 03, 2018, 08:29:58 PM
Quote from: gotpball44 on April 03, 2018, 08:27:25 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 01, 2018, 09:25:10 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 28, 2017, 07:20:58 PM
I think this guy also used a Brass Tee as mentioned above. Z

Hey guys so I'm assuming because of my boost reference adapter my map sensor isn't picking up any cooling,so if I have to remove the BRA would it be ok to T off 3 line off of that one in the video ? I need sources for my meth controller, BOV, and wastegate regulator mod. Attached is a picture of my current set-up. I haven't cut the hoses to lebght yet waiting to see if it will stay this way or if I need to modify.

Would something like this work if I want to tie into that line that's  being tapped in on the video ?

Seem like a great option to replace my boost reference adapter.

DO you really think the map sensor adapter cause a problem for Meth injected cars? I just bought on of these adapters, but I am running meth. Will this adapter make the map sensor not read the meth injected air correctly?
I just ran a few pulls and could definitely see a difference in temperature reading. As soon as I start spraying now it goes to ambient temperature or lower real quick compared to before it wouldn't even drop any. But that's just me I still have to wait and see what Brad sees in the datalogs I sent him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Okay cool, please keep me updated. Brad will be doing my tune too.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

So yesterday was a productive day off. I got the vacuum tree installed. Got a catch can finally and out with the boost juice in the pure methanol.
I know the engine bay is dirty as hell but we had a dust storm yesterday.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BoostfoSHO

So can we trust these devices to estimate correctly? It's the first time I use the performance test part of the livewire TS

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

derfdog15

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 06, 2018, 10:45:47 PM
So can we trust these devices to estimate correctly? It's the first time I use the performance test part of the livewire TS

Not certain on the HP/Torque estimates but the 1/4 mile looks reasonable based on your mods. I ran a little quicker at similar trap speeds with my SHO with the catless SW downpipes, hotpipes, AJP wastegate reg. mod, and a nice 3 bar tune on E20. I was still working out the regulator mod. Before downpipes and hotpipes I also ran a pretty similar time 12.87 @ 110 IIRC, with 15psi on a 93 tune.

Looks like that is estimated Flywheel HP btw, if that is at the wheels it is much higher than I would think. My car with the full modlist on E20 put down 369/451 for HP and Torque at the wheels on an AWD dyno.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

StealBlueSho

Not sure if it's reliable or not... I ran 12.4 at 110mph all day with my LMS tune. I would imagine you Are closer to that..

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 09, 2018, 05:27:35 PM
Not sure if it's reliable or not... I ran 12.4 at 110mph all day with my LMS tune. I would imagine you Are closer to that..
I'm not so sure I'm that low. As usual with my SHO Brad and I are going through some hiccups in the tuning. Still have issues with the cooling and the LTFT and STFT.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 09, 2018, 05:30:17 PM
I'm not so sure I'm that low. As usual with my SHO Brad and I are going through some hiccups in the tuning. Still have issues with the cooling and the LTFT and STFT.

Still loosing the cooling? You still running the WG mod?

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 09, 2018, 05:58:21 PM

Yes and yes but I put a 19lb spring combo so it's not opening any.  The cooling is almost non existent dips a bit then climbs back up.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 09, 2018, 06:01:14 PM

Yes and yes but I put a 19lb spring combo so it's not opening any.  The cooling is almost non existent dips a bit then climbs back up.

Huh... are sure that the pump is activating off the boost reference?  I know you tested the pump... but did you verify the boost reference is working properly?

With the M1 you should have noticed the extra fuel in the fuel trims?

How's the knock?

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 09, 2018, 06:06:30 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 09, 2018, 06:01:14 PM

Huh... are sure that the pump is activating off the boost reference?  I know you tested the pump... but did you verify the boost reference is working properly?

With the M1 you should have noticed the extra fuel in the fuel trims?

How's the knock?

Yes I've put boost in the hose at the controller and it turns on the pump it should. The knocking is detecting the extra is going to -4 right away the long term fuel is cutting back but then the short term replaces what the long term is cutting. Brad says he's never seen any meth SHO do this before.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Normally I would say check the WB's but the MAP sensor isn't picking up the meth cooling either....

Weird... have you tried going back to stock and seeing if it see the meth? Obviously switch out the sensor first..

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 09, 2018, 06:16:54 PM
Normally I would say check the WB's but the MAP sensor isn't picking up the meth cooling either....

Weird... have you tried going back to stock and seeing if it see the meth? Obviously switch out the sensor first..
No I haven't tried going to stock. So far I'm just going with Brad's recommendations.
I had ran the line under the car and thought it was getting heat soaked but I ran out inside now and it didn't make a difference.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 09, 2018, 06:23:18 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on April 09, 2018, 06:16:54 PM

No I haven't tried going to stock. So far I'm just going with Brad's recommendations.
I had ran the line under the car and thought it was getting heat soaked but I ran out inside now and it didn't make a difference.

No way it would be getting heat soaked in the line... the meth would literally have to evaporate out of the line at a high rate...

The pump is mounted below the tank yes? Is there anyway to verify that the pump is properly primed?

Dunno dude...

BoostfoSHO

Could having a trunk install be the case of my issue? I have a 3 gallon tank always full so even if the pump is about 2ibches higher than the tap line in the tank there's enough pressure to feed the pump. I have a check valve before the nozzle as well. Only thing I don't have is a solenoid check valve.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...